• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible OC'ed to 1.5ghz?? Possible Root?

check the updated first post

Root root root!!!! 5=25=10 update - PPCGeeks

fyi - not rooted yet, don't let the title mislead you

It may be rooted but there is no proof yet.

From PPCGeeks:
Acidbath reported that Paul over @ Modaco is the source for a superboot (same one???) that he is looking into. Paul is the one that rooted the Desire and is a very credible source, so between the two (or one LOL) we may be just about there!!!!

Upvote 0
Shocker. No evidence yet.

Look, this guy may very well have rooted the Incredible, but considering that so many talented people have been working hard to root the Incredible and it's one of the most sought after exploits in the Android community right now, I find it suspicious that NOTHING factual has been posted or disclosed.

All we have, right now, is some guy claiming to have a ROM running at 1.3 GHz on a rooted Incredible his "friend" has and telling people he'll post a step-by-step sometime in the future.

I just don't understand why it is so difficult for him to post his root method somewhere to allow other devs to test it out and confirm it. The whole cloak and dagger mysterious nature of this sets off my BS meter.

Upvote 0
There is a gentlemen that is known from the Droid Community and is claiming that he has a partial Root and has overclocked his friends Droid to 1.5ghz and is working on a 2ghz kernel

HTC Incredible Overclocked to 1.5 ghz! Next step 2.0 ghz... | Nine By Six

Latest post in comment section for that site from Jake:

As far as my comparing steps comment, let me say this again as it isn't sinking in... my friend rooted it, my friend rooted it, my friend rooted it. I just explained how it should have been able to be rooted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones