• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible or Iphone 4g

Droid Incredible or Iphone 4g
If iphone 4g is released for verizon would you grab that or go with the HTC Droid Incredible?
No, even if the iPhone 4th-gen was out today, I would still get the DI. I would love the games on the iPhone, but I'm not happy with how Apple is chaining down their developers with crazy rules and such.

Upvote 0
If there is one thing you shouldn't do it count Apple out for stuffing the most up-to-date technology into their phone... the iPad is an exception.

Really? The first iPhone did not have 3g capabilities even though 3G was available in other phones. The iPhone 3GS was on par with phone released at the same time as the iPhone 3G. Apple does not put the latest technology in their phone. ;)

Upvote 0
If yesterday's reviews of the new Iphone are anything to go by, It seems like there is a bevy of android devices due to be released in the coming months that will clearly be technologically superior in many key ways. Who is to say how much higher end Android handsets will be in 2 years - especially now that developers are more seriously targeting the Android market; Goolge seems to be bringing Android back into the linux fold; and most manufacturers (of both phones and tablets) are tipping the bulk of their future smart phone development to Android.

I have a feeling that unless Apple is succesful in killing some major aspect of Android through lawsuits, or unless the ease of their draconian stance on things like multi tasking, developer interaction, and app development languages; their market share (while probably high), will begin to erode and give way to Android. Whether android will grow solely at Apple's expense is something to be argued (I have a feeling it will grow at the expense of RIM, MS and others more than it will at the expense of Apple, but apple will loose market share to Android).

I thin the real question will be at what point will super powerful smart phones become the standard, and at what point will that standard turn them into commodities. I think that once the market gets commoditized, there might be some resistance to pricing (such as apples) unless the phones bring some really impressive features to play. For now those features are ever increasing tech specs. I wonder at what point that will change and turn into a far more stable and cleaner user experience (at least in the case of Android).

Upvote 0
I notice everyone calling the new iphone the 4G Iphone. It's not 4g. And actually you won't even have to buy a new iphone this summer. If you have the 3gs, you will be upgraded to the OS 4.0.

The new OS will just get the Iphone caught up to what most of the droid phones already are doing. Thats pretty much it.

While the Iphone originally pushed the envelope for what a phone should and can be, due to the huge amount of restrictions on the phone it will now simply play catch up compared to what the other phones will be able to do thanks to open development.

Upvote 0
I think only Apple fanboys are going to really cream over this phone. At first glance the screen will pop out, but it will still have the same old apps on it so what is it going to break the mold with?
I don't think its even a really big deal they are coming out with a new one. I've played with my friends, but I think they get too much praise now with whats out there.

Upvote 0
I am interested on how the multitasking will work on the iphone, just because one thing I feel about androids ability to multi-task is that it is hard not to if you were trying to save battery life and memory when you don't need the extras running all the time each time. Almost like you have to jump through hoops in order to close them. I remember it was something that should have been taken care of back in the pocket pc days. (I know different operating system, but still it wasn't fully closed when you would think it would be.)

I think there should be a happy medium. I say this only because I will be making the switch over to the evo when it comes out and I was just thinkiing about getting ready to start having the need for a task manager all over again which is kind of silly, with the advanced OS that android has become.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones