1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Incredible or Motorola Droid?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skidoo03, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Skidoo03

Skidoo03 Member

Hey all I've currently got the Droid Incredible which is rooted but I've been thinking about buying another phone such as the Droid 1 and rooting it just for something new. I really don't feel like spending much money because this is kind of just an urge and I was wondering if the first Droid would be a good phone to switch to and root and try about every rom there is for it like I did for my Incredible.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

No... it wouldn't.

3. Laxstar785

Laxstar785 Android Enthusiast

I did the exact opposite of what you are proposing.....going backwards to an OG droid is not going to be a pleasant experience for you. Your moving back in time as far as hardware goes and it WILL be noticeably slower then your incredible. NO GPU in the Droid and half the RAM for starters.....don't think we need to go much farther then that.

4. Medion

Medion Android Expert

The original Motorola Droid/Milestone uses the PowerVR SGX530 GPU, which normally is superior to the Adreno 200 used in the Incredible. However, the 530 in the OG Droid/Milestone is underclocked. Performance varies. In some areas it's faster than the Adreno, and in many it's slower. Overall, its performance is less than that of the Adreno 200. However, it is there, and it is a more than capable GPU.