• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DROID Incredible random restart/reboot problem

just called the corporate store here and spoke to the asm. he said he had the problem and it was caused by an app. he couldn't remember the name it,

A: Where are you geographically?

B: My DI rebooted 10 minutes out of the box, hadn't even made it through the set up! So it can't be a app issue......

:eek:

new bern/havelock (east nc). he said no one else had called about the issue. hopefully I got ball rolling there.

Upvote 0
I got mine delivered (online preorder).. I'm in PA and the damn thing keeps rebooting. Oh yeah and the battery life sucks. And my signal bars move continuously, like a slot machine. (no this isn't a joke post)

From the sounds of it, someone took a lot of care into building mine -- I must be special cos it is so far flawless :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Why is it that this is NOT known by VZW Technical Support..........WTF?

There are calling centers all over the country. just because one center knows about it doesn't mean all of them do. That's why a trouble ticket needs to be opened and the ticket number posted so when you call, no matter which calling center gets the call, they can reference the open ticket. If you do this the issue will get resolved quicker.

Upvote 0
CBOB.................nice work. I confirmed this with VZW in the Greensboro area. It has to do with the "Network Switch" between towers and it is isolated (mostly) to Greensboro, Burlington, and Winston-Salem. The issue is being "frantically" worked on by IT personnel and "should" be resolved with in 24 hours the most.

We will see!

Upvote 0
Sounds like they are probably going to be pushing a new SPL file to Everyone from Winston Salem to Burlington, NC. I'm going to be in Raleigh tomorrow so I'll probably reprogram my phone while I'm out there just so I don't have to deal with the reboots. The North Carolina Tech I was talking to said that it is very isolated. He said neither Charlotte or the Research Triangle is effected. So if doesn't get fixed today you can either travel to Charlotte or Raleigh and update your roaming to one of those 2 places.

Or you could always head to the beach. It looks like it is going to be a nice weekend.

Upvote 0
So here's my story:

Just got off the phone with Stephanie in tech support. She has passed the issue up the chain as a known device issue. She spoke to a rep at a local store and they will let me trade out my incredible for a new one. They also gave me 250 extra mins and 10% off my second line for the next 6 months. Unfortunately I don't have a ticket number but I can pass along the tech's e-mail if that would be helpful.

Upvote 0
Everyone I've talked to said it's a "network" issue.

The problem I have with that is this:
Regardless of how good/bad the signal quality is, the phone should NOT reboot.

I've never heard of a phone that shuts down just because of poor signal.

I don't understand how it could be network related, but regardless - I'm hoping this thing gets fixed TODAY!

(Greensboro/Winston area myself)

Upvote 0
VZW Tech support (who I made aware of the issue, he actually called the Greensboro Rep) said they are no longer allowed to sell DI's in the Triad Region due to this issue and they will not issue replacement phones at this time. He did assure me it will be fixed ASAP!

Also, I would recommend a *228 option 2 from outside the region (From Durham east). I have a feeling when these phones were activated in that region they didn't get the right software. Could be completely wrong though!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones