• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible Rebuild

sammie2

Sep 10, 2010
Hi all!

I have had my Droid Incredible for about (2) months and I have over time developed some small scratches on the phone and a piece of lint managed to get trapped under the screen.

I went ahead and ordered a brand new digitizer and complete housing with a white battery cover. :)

NOTE: All parts are OEM.

This will not be getting replaced by me, but by a cell phone repair store and I will post pics of the rebuild. I know there is already a link on how to take apart the phone but I figured I'd share my experience with you guys.

I will also be getting a Otterbox Defender case to protect the phone.

So got my replacement housing in today and will being replacing the housing, as well as the digitizer since mine got scratched up (very minor) but im a neat freak when it comes to electronics.

I am using the OB Defender case and even though my case has very very minimal wiggle, I plan on using the wrap I got from Stealth guards and apply it to the back of the phone to add to the thickness and it should make that slight wiggle completely go away. (some people have used business cards or small piece of paper)

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 72
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 64
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones