• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible Receives New Packaging

It's the Verizon/Lucasarts effort to force some homogeneity into the Android platform. So instead of everything having completely different names (and thus seeming as totally separate entities), VZW is putting "Droid" at the front of every Android device. Makes them seem like all part of the same family, y'know?

And for the record, my Inc came with a free 2GB card as it was.

Agreed.. and whether people think its stupid or not, the marketing works. People already fear fragmentation in the Android market as is... knowing that Verizon is focused on one "Droid" at a time makes things easier for consumers. Not only that... but just a few weeks ago.. just strolling in a drunken stupor with my friends in the local college drinking district... my friend randomly goes "DROOOOOOOOID!" - then a bunch of other random drunkards repeat. Soon the entire side walk was filled with people yelling "DROOOOOOID!" in a robotic voice.

I don't think mine came with a 2gb card unless I missed it in the packaging somewhere. I didn't care too much because I got a free 8gb one from my EnV Touch and just placed that into my Incred.

Upvote 0
Some say yes, some say no....consensus seems to be that it was in the box with the phone.

I ordered online at the start of May. The Micro SD card was packed into the same FedEx shipping box as the phone, but as a separate item (with its own Sandisk packaging) from the phone's own box. Probably the apparent contradiction arose from differences in which "box" one is referring to.

Upvote 0
i preordered as early as you could possibly preorder, and I got a 2gb card in it's packaging, thrown in the box the phone shipped in. I'm GLAD it wasn't preloaded cause I "threw it in" when I sold my Eris. WTF am I gonna do with a 2gb card!??! Awesome $4 gift :)

And, the packing? I ripped that open so quick, I don't even remember what it looks like!

Upvote 0
It was free if you got it from the Verizon store. The guy installed it for me right there.

I seriously had no idea about the supply issues. I just walked into the VZW store at my local mall on a whim, said "gimme an Incredible", walked out with it. o_O

eastern PA area it was best buys with all the stash. i tried a few verizon stores on launch day, zilch. first BB went to had plenty and told me the other BBs did also. they supplied a 2GB SD card on day of launch as well.

Upvote 0
I ordered online at the start of May. The Micro SD card was packed into the same FedEx shipping box as the phone, but as a separate item (with its own Sandisk packaging) from the phone's own box. Probably the apparent contradiction arose from differences in which "box" one is referring to.

Agreed...I know I would've opened the FedEx box, saw the phone, got tunnel vision and tossed everything else! ;)

Upvote 0
Agreed.. and whether people think its stupid or not, the marketing works. People already fear fragmentation in the Android market as is... knowing that Verizon is focused on one "Droid" at a time makes things easier for consumers. Not only that... but just a few weeks ago.. just strolling in a drunken stupor with my friends in the local college drinking district... my friend randomly goes "DROOOOOOOOID!" - then a bunch of other random drunkards repeat. Soon the entire side walk was filled with people yelling "DROOOOOOID!" in a robotic voice.

I don't think mine came with a 2gb card unless I missed it in the packaging somewhere. I didn't care too much because I got a free 8gb one from my EnV Touch and just placed that into my Incred.
The Incredible commercial came on just as I was reading "DROOOOOOOOID!". I kind of jumped lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones