• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Incredible vs Droid R2D2 (Which to get?)

Which to get?

• Total voters
On the Incredible if I did the bump charge trick I could leave the phone unplugged for 24 hours. My new D2 I dont even get 12 hours.
Same amount of use on both.
Maybe someone has a trick they can teach me to get better battery life?

I get over 24 hours on the R2D2 D2. What are you doing with yours? I have to admit, that it can't take a few hours of Angry Birds, but that's to be expected.

Upvote 0
I get over 24 hours on the R2D2 D2. What are you doing with yours? I have to admit, that it can't take a few hours of Angry Birds, but that's to be expected.

Honestly, I text and thats really it. Once in a blue moon I check status updates on Motoblur. I check an email if it comes in. I dont really talk on it much. If I talk on it for 5 minutes a day that is alot. The battery on this phone goes FAST. VERY fast. I may need to get a 2nd battery to carry around if I am away from a charger for a full day.
Now the Incredible on the other hand...what a joy that battery was. I could unplug it on 8am monday morning and not have to charge it until tuesday night bed time.

Upvote 0
It kind of sounds like that if the D2 natively ran Sense, they would favor it over the DI. Maybe a root and rom with 2.2 Sense would do the D2 some extra good?

So, then between the D2, and the upcoming Merge(based on leak reviews, the G2 and Desire Z) what do you guys is the better all around device? What about better camera, call and sound quality?

Upvote 0
I've been using a Samsung Fascinate and I have to admit, I do miss the Incredible's Sense UI sometimes, but it's a small price to pay for the screen quality. The Super AMOLED screen in the Fascinate has the sharpest, most vibrant colors that I've seen so far, and the larger screen size makes games easier to play. It's speed is comparable to the Incredible, and it seems to have better call quality. On top of the screen quality, the Fascinate comes standard with Swype, which is the fastest texting program I've ever used. It makes me feel confident without a keyboard, and is pretty accurate too.

Upvote 0
I've been using a Samsung Fascinate and I have to admit, I do miss the Incredible's Sense UI sometimes, but it's a small price to pay for the screen quality. The Super AMOLED screen in the Fascinate has the sharpest, most vibrant colors that I've seen so far, and the larger screen size makes games easier to play. It's speed is comparable to the Incredible, and it seems to have better call quality. On top of the screen quality, the Fascinate comes standard with Swype, which is the fastest texting program I've ever used. It makes me feel confident without a keyboard, and is pretty accurate too.

iam going to have to agree with him on this!!!

Upvote 0
Don't switch till the give it the software update trust me

Well since the 2.3 source code is about to be released tomorrow, shouldn't some Gingerbread ROMs for it pop up? It doesn't have a locked boot loader. Well... i guess if it was that easy, it would have a Froyo ROM by now.. does it have a Froyo ROM? haven't seen one yet.

Upvote 0
I got the Inc last week and it really is Incredible! I really haven't noticed too bad of battery life, but I did order a 1500mAh battery. Getting about 1 1/2 days per charge with the 1300.

HTC Sense is awesome! Very cool to watch the weather displays and now I look forward to bad weather here so I can see it on my Inc. They should have a tornado display as well as just the wind one! Have it ripping through the home screen LOL! The windshield wipers are hilarious!

Upvote 0
OK, you can never have too many opinions, so I might as well add mine to the pile. :)

I had an Incredible and then got a Droid 2 Global when the Incredible was stolen.

Overall, I *really* miss the Incredible. HTC Sense has some really nice features and looks good, too. One example: the "People" app let me do lookups in the corporate directory, something I have yet to get working on the Droid 2 Global.

Also, when I got the Inc I was one of those who really wanted a physical keyboard. Then I discovered Swype, and now I cannot imagine going back to physical keyboard. I almost always use Swype on the D2 now, and the keyboard just adds extra bulk unnecessarily.

I also really enjoyed the fact that there were lots of ROMs for the Inc. While battery life generally stinks on both the Inc and the D2 IMHO, I found that the SkyRaider ROM with SetCPU profiles turned on gave me more-than-acceptable battery life and amazing stability. The locked down bootloader on the D2 really limits you.

The nice thing (and reason I bought the D2) is the global capability. It was really annoying with the Inc when I went overseas and had to go running around looking for a wireless hotspot to make a SIP-based phone call.

The D2 is really built like a tank as well.

Upvote 0
D2-R2D2 edition, I got mine about a week ago and can't say enough good things about it. I turned down a free Incredible and the Fascinate at $100 cause both phones felt kinda junky to me build quality wise and HTC no longer uses the AMOLED screen..which I don't really like anyway. The D2 feels like a tank too.

The keyboard isn't horrible, it is however my first so I've adapted to it. Phone can still be rooted too but with the R2 edition a few extra steps are needed to save all the cool Star Wars stuff (which has been done successfully.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones