1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support DROID is possessed and unresponsive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sisble50, Jun 29, 2011.

1. sisble50

sisble50 Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2011
    My DROID has been possessed surfs the web, types, emails, etc all on its own. The menu buttons are pretty much unresponsive. I say pretty much, because inbetween all of its "doing" I can slip in a selection once in a great while.

Verizon did a master reset, and it still does it. In the meantime, I fired up my old Palm Treo and took my beloved DROID offline. So I have other communication. Is there any fix for this? Will the rooting stuff work?

Thanks in advance for any help as I greatly miss my DROID!:(

Advertisement

2. beboyle

beboyle Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    The Ghost Operator problem - your touchscreen digitizer has gone bad. Sorry about that.

3. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 14, 2010
    get it replaced through insurance...

4. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Rooting won't fix your capacitive screen.

5. MicroNix

MicroNix Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2009
    Seems after around 1 year, the cheap Moto capacitive screens go bad. For this reason, I will never buy another Moto device again. There are numerous very active posts regarding this. Some have tried cleaners and swear they work but if cleaning alone does not fix it, it is likely the capacitive screen. Hopefully you have an upgrade coming up and can tolerate the old Treo until you are eligible.

6. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2011
    QA Admin
    SoCal
    A non OEM charger will also produce symptoms such as this.
    My droid is an old refurb without issue. Must be well over a year old.

7. mahashel

mahashel Member
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    I have a launch Droid that's still rock-solid. I do, however, have a screen protector (the film, not a case) that's been on there since pretty much day 1.
    Do you have a screen protector on there? If so, you could try removing it, or if not you could try cleaning the screen thoroughly then putting one on.
    It's a long shot, but well worth the trouble if it exorcises the demons from your Droid. :)

8. tggagne

tggagne Lurker
    None

Apr 22, 2012
    On Friday an X2 came to replace my X with a defective HDMI port. Saturday night after applying the screen protector the phone started operating on its own--clicking and downloading on its own.

During one of its quieter moments I hastily downloaded and installed Doodle Kids. I left that application on and can see random lines being drawn on the right-side of the display. Always, it seems, on the same X coordinate, top-to-bottom. Some lines shorter, some longer. I removed the protector today but the behavior continues.

As the phone only arrived Friday I'm taking it to the Verizon store today. Perhaps this was simply a defective X2.