• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help DROID ISSUES: Post yours here via Reply

I love my phone and everything about it. Ofcourse it is not perfect, but it is still hands down the best phone/laptop I have ever used. I'm sure any issues will be addressed in future updates.

The only thing that annoys me is that the phone has mutitouch capabilities and they basically left that out of all of the phones operations. I hope they incorporate that ability into more procedures in an update.

Otherwise you have one happy droid lover right here. I think my girlfriend might be a little jealous of my little droid friend.......lol

Upvote 0
my only annoyance is when I end a call it goes to the recent calls screen, not the home screen. Anyone know how to fix this?
Happens to me too. Not really an annoyance for me though. I'm having trouble where when I pull the phone away from my head, it doesn't bring the screen back up right away. Is there any way to quick-end a call?

Upvote 0
A few issues
For some reason the Droid does not perform simple tasks other phones does.

1. The browser needs folders for favorites so you can group bookmarks.
2. Google NAV / Maps do not have favorites.
3. Contacts only sorted by First, Last not choice of Last, First.
4. Can not send attachments (pictures do not count) I want to be able to
send files, docments, etc
5. No built in To Do list.
6. Ability to browse networks via wifi. (pull/place files off my desktop
via wifi)
7. can not cut and paste from email without great difficulty and slideout
keyboard
8. Camera very slow to open.
9. ability to add custom notifications. Only notifications available are native
sounds. Can not use ringtones for notifications.
10. No speed dial.
11. Need search from contacts screen.
12. Do not automatically add contacts to favorites without ability to remove.

Upvote 0
I love the phone. As with all phones this one has issues.

1) as I'm typing this on my droid, there is a lag with the typing. (Just noticed it today)
2) my biggest concern is the alarm clock. When it goes off it freezes as the alarm is still going off. Then force closes. Its loud and will not shut off until I take out the battery. I'm going to exchange it maybe its a issue with this handset.
3)camera is terrible. Shutter timer is insanely slow. The pics come out very blurry.
4) cut copy and paste is a lot better on the iphone. So is everything else I mentioned. Waiting for a big update to see if I'm willing to stay with verizon.

Upvote 0
My Yahoo and all other mails work very well. My Major malfunction is that when using bluetooth and the backlight times out I can not get back to a screen without disconnecting. The main prob is that most of the time I use the phone in the dark. In good lighting it seems to be ok. Camera Sucks for 5meg, and too slow to use effectively.
However its a learning process and I still like the darn thing.

Upvote 0
My favs work well and I am glad to have internet on my phone. It is not a time saver and my work is not that important. However if it keeps me off work computers then its all good. My favs I leave right in the browser menu. Have not found the need to have elsewhere. Trying not to have much of anything on home scree to avoid clutter of the wall paper. Its a pic of my awesome girl holding a shotgun...thats warm and fuzzy!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones