1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid MAXX or Moto X?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by binaryhermit, Jan 17, 2014.

1. binaryhermit

binaryhermit Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Male
    I may be getting a bunch of money, and I'm considering upgrading my phone. Since I recently got my RAZR M (which I wouldn't retire, I'd just use it for music, video, and other offline activities) I can't use an upgrade. For $474.99, I can get a 32 GB Moto X with wood back. For $499.99, I can get a Droid MAXX.
    I know the Droid MAXX has a bigger battery (I could buy an external battery pack to use when I really need it) and wireless charging (which is a gimmick, IMO) and a bigger, though not higher resolution, screen (honestly, my RAZR M's 4.3 inch screen is more than big enough). However, I can customize the heck out of the Moto X (Yay ebony back) and it's cheaper. I'm leaning toward either doing nothing or getting the X. Am I missing anything that would change my mind?

EDIT: In case you haven't figured it out, I'm talking about Verizon here, and I can almost get two 2600 mAh external battery things for the price difference between the X and the MAXX without really looking, so the battery life considerations are almost moot.

Advertisement

2. GadgetTravel

GadgetTravel Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    I just got a Moto X with bamboo back a few weeks ago and really like it. The voice activation stuff is very interesting although I'm still learning about it.