• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid MAXX or Moto X?

binaryhermit

Jul 15, 2011
I may be getting a bunch of money, and I'm considering upgrading my phone. Since I recently got my RAZR M (which I wouldn't retire, I'd just use it for music, video, and other offline activities) I can't use an upgrade. For $474.99, I can get a 32 GB Moto X with wood back. For $499.99, I can get a Droid MAXX.
I know the Droid MAXX has a bigger battery (I could buy an external battery pack to use when I really need it) and wireless charging (which is a gimmick, IMO) and a bigger, though not higher resolution, screen (honestly, my RAZR M's 4.3 inch screen is more than big enough). However, I can customize the heck out of the Moto X (Yay ebony back) and it's cheaper. I'm leaning toward either doing nothing or getting the X. Am I missing anything that would change my mind?

EDIT: In case you haven't figured it out, I'm talking about Verizon here, and I can almost get two 2600 mAh external battery things for the price difference between the X and the MAXX without really looking, so the battery life considerations are almost moot.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones