• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid MAXX wifi not turning on

Thank you for the add:
Okay, I'm going to be simple because I have researched all the possibilities and resourced all options with Verizon too:
I love(d) my Droid Maxx until recently my wifi turned itself off. It's my phone, not the router, it happens on all wifi possibilities, and yes other phones and devices use that same wifi perfectly.
It will not turn on (stays gray) maybe at times for a true second it goes to OFF. I read here about the Fix app by google and it did not work. I was giving instructions with no fix via SAFE MODE and then Verizon says well....your phone is out of warranty and that I can pay something like 120.00 for a repair. I don't have the money and thought I rather switch providers, so I asked about some other option . . . wait for it . . . she said yes, a factory REBOOT where you lose all your data, but your phone will be like new. It didn't work, in fact I'm pretty disappointed I lost all my info for it not to work. Some smart guy or gal out there in Google Land has to have created an app. to fix this. Where is it?
Sign, Looking for better options.

Welcome to Android Forums.

You apparently did a Factory Data Reset. Did you allow it to run all the way to the end?

Just to make sure you could to a Wipe Cache Partition that only deletes temporary data and dies not touch the data, apps, or settings you added.

... Thom
Yep - wiped it clean! Went to the Verizon store today . . . they said it was a Motorola hardware issue, maybe an internal 'burnt wifi antenna'. Nice guy there said I had an extended warranty on the phone that would cover replacement, kind of odd since lady over the phone said it was out of warranty. Anyway, I have options - get free replacement or wait on upgrade(2 weeks) to Droid Turbo for $99.00

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones