• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid/Milestone spare parts

acsterf

Lurker
Feb 3, 2010
Hi fellas,

I've just had a sad accident with my brand new Milestone: it just slipped off my pocket while I was climbing a stair and wen't down bouncing over the steps. Incredibly it just had a few scratches over the screen border and, analyzing its mounting form, seems to be a single piece that could be replaced.

So I was wondering if anyone knows from a spare parts seller or even if Motorola has it?

Thanks!

Hi fellas,

I've just had a sad accident with my brand new Milestone: it just slipped off my pocket while I was climbing a stair and wen't down bouncing over the steps. Incredibly it just had a few scratches over the screen border and, analyzing its mounting form, seems to be a single piece that could be replaced.

So I was wondering if anyone knows from a spare parts seller or even if Motorola has it?

Thanks!
Even if you do find the part, you're probably better off getting an insurance replacement (if you're able to claim insurance).

Upvote 0
Hi fellas,

Thanks!

Hi...

Maybe someone wants to try this site: http://www.globaldirectparts.com

Haven't tried it myself.. but might do it.. I have a dead back-light on my Motorola Milestone... Well.. Just wanted to post my finding.. hard to find any sites...

Another option is ebay of course... found some dealers there too..

Good luck to everybody!

Upvote 0
It seems that this thread is coming back to life :) Maybe someone can help me here...

The LCD backlight on my (European) Motorola Milestone is dead after getting wet.. the phone is working perfectly.. and I can even see and use the screen in a certain angle in the right light ;-)

Does anyone know if the LCD-backlight is a part of the LCD screen -or if it's a part of the main-board.. or something else..?

I would prefer only changing the backlight component... but it might not be possible.. Otherwise I will buy a new screen ($55)... but I'm not even sure if the backlight is a part of that...

Upvote 0
Hi!

Does anyone know, where can i get flex ribbon cable for milestone, that connects LCD, Antenna, and keyboard to the motherboard? It looks like this:

mile.jpg

I thought this is a part of sliding mechanism, but it's not. It is just attached around mechanism with glue.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones