• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Music Player Issue

sA x sKy

Lurker
Nov 14, 2009
Out of all the things I expected the Droid to do, I never expected the Droid to not utilize this feature. I'm talking about when your playing music and you put the phone in your pocket and press down on the volume controls to change the song. The BlackBerrys have this and I don't understand why the Droid doesn't. It's so annoying taking it out of the pocket, going through the home screen just to change a song. If anyone knows an app that fixes this problem then please tell me. Otherwise, great phone.

Same here. It kinda sucks not to be able to skip the song without unlocking. The headset button only pauses / unpauses the music. I'd like to have it skipping songs instead. I really hope that this could be changed...

On my Sony Ericsson K810i I could "root" it, apply a patch to the OS so I could use the headset button to skip a song which was fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones