• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Needs A Leather Case Like The Palm Pre

atlbuc

Android Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Basically all the leather cases have the opening at the bottom to where you need to push up on the device to take it out. Well that opening exposes the Droid's metal bezel around the screen leaving prone to being scratched by whatever it comes in contact with while on your belt as mine did. I took the case back and exchanged the Droid for a new one. The Palm Pre's case fully protects the device and to take it out you just pull up on a tab that lifts the device partially out the case. It was the best leather case I have used

You exchanged the Droid for a new one because you scratched it? I'm amazed that Verizon actually allows ignorance such as that.

No I exchanged it because the case didn't protect the device as it should have and Verizon agreed.

Basically if you have the leather case be careful because the bottom part of the phone is exposed.

Upvote 0
No I exchanged it because the case didn't protect the device as it should have and Verizon agreed.

Basically if you have the leather case be careful because the bottom part of the phone is exposed.

No it protected the phone just like it was supposed to and you scratched it up anyway. Then Verizon ate the loss created by your ignorance so that you could come on this forum and complain anyway.

Upvote 0
No it protected the phone just like it was supposed to and you scratched it up anyway. Then Verizon ate the loss created by your ignorance so that you could come on this forum and complain anyway.

Uh no it didn't if it got scratched up anyway while in the case. I'm not complaining just letting those know who have the leather case or one like it to be careful because the phone is exposed. So f..k off if this doesn't pertain to you. You got nerve judging me as if you know me.

Upvote 0
Not sure what kind of case the pre has, but I was thinking whether to get this one or not. It has a tab that can pull the phone out as you mentioned. Looks sturdy and fairly nice.

slip_case_black1.JPG
slip_case_black2.JPG
slip_case_black3.JPG
slip_case_black4.JPG

Link to Ebay

If for any reason the link above doesn't work, look for item 280426519694.

Upvote 0
Not sure what kind of case the pre has, but I was thinking whether to get this one or not. It has a tab that can pull the phone out as you mentioned. Looks sturdy and fairly nice.

slip_case_black1.JPG
slip_case_black2.JPG
slip_case_black3.JPG
slip_case_black4.JPG

Link to Ebay

If for any reason the link above doesn't work, look for item 280426519694.

Yes that's a nice lookig case, wish it was horizontal

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones