• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid not connecting to WinVista

Thomas184

Apr 8, 2010
Here's the deal. Downloaded Motorola Media Link. I open it up select connect so I can connect my Droid to my pc ofcourse. This is were the problem starts to occur. When I select connect it tells me 1 handset found being my droid. I do mount the phone from the notification bar and always end up with detection failed. I have the option to click here to learn more and all it tells me is make sure you mount your phone. Any suggestions.

I have Vista32 and had problems mounting also. I d/l the Moto drivers and still couldn't mount. I deleted the moto drivers. On the phone, i choose Settings, Applications, Development, and turned on USB Debugging. Now I connect flawlessly. If I turn off the USB debugging, I cannot connect. Also, at some point I opened Device Manager on the pc and found a usb root hub that showed an error condition. I deleted it, restarted, then mounting worked with usb debugging on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones