1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

droid or droid2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anywhere, Aug 24, 2010.

1. anywhere

anywhere New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    I received my droid 2.2 upgrade one week ago. It was slow at first, and getting better till last night. It got very hot, and then I found I ouldn't open my email. Whenever I tried to read one, the screen is blank and all the keys lost their function. The screen turned black after a while, but won't wake up even after I pushed the power button. The only thing I could do is to plug out the battery, put back and restart. I tried several times, and it was the same. Then I fell asleep. When I waked up, the battery was totally drained.

Then I plugged in the wall charger and restarted it. I dialed *228 to reprograme it. The dial pad disappeared, but I can still heard the instructions. The phone stayed that way till I hot plugged the battery.

The custom service tried to help me, but after starting with power button + 'x' and holding vol+ and camera key, the manufacturer reset menu didn't show up. The CS placed an order for a replacement, and asked me to swap the sd card and battery before shipping the old phone back.

I just saw people said, you may receive a droid 2 since droid is discontinued. Haven't got the phone yet, but my phone is working now though not stable sometimes. In case it comes as a droid 2, which one I should keep? I really like my droid. Thanks

Advertisement

2. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Male
    Wireless Sales Manager
    I highly doubt you'll get a Droid 2 to replace the OG Droid, especially since the D1 is back on Verizon's website.

However, if you were trying to decide on which of the two you would prefer, I think the answer is solely dependent on one answer: whether or not you're willing to root your Droid. The D2 is def a better phone at stock, but not as unlockable as the D1.

The fact that I have a rooted D1 makes the upgrade to D2 a minimal interval. It'll take a 1.3GHz processor or better to really be a clear cut better option, and even then, if I can't theme and customize the way I want, it won't be an option.

3. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    unless he said droid 2, it wont be one. it'll be a droid1.

4. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Just got my referb phone today, it was a D1. It has not stopped rebooting and half the time the screen does not work. Nice to get a Certified like new phone.

5. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Student
    Philadelphia, PA
    eww drag man! yea i hear the droid furbs are "horrific".:(

6. Arsonman

Nov 5, 2009
    Well, I went and complained at our local Verizon store. The let me early upgrade to the Droid 2. The upgrade was 15 months early, so I am real happy. I had to pay but I paid the discount price.

7. Joon525

Joon525 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
    My co-worker got the Droid 2 yesterday after rendering her previous Droid 1 with water. Had to jump through a few hoops but she got it.

I don't think the majority of these types of cases are going to result in a Droid 2 as an early upgrade but it is possible.

8. Arsonman

Nov 5, 2009

I agree, I went in complaining but not screaming like I wanted to. 12 hours with the phone and I feel like it is already a homerun.