1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid physical keyboard repeating letters?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by STX21, Mar 31, 2010.

1. STX21

STX21 Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Hey all. I've been searching for awhile and can't seem to find an answer so I decided to make this. Sorry if it's been answered already, like I said, I had no luck finding it.

Anyway, recently my Droid started randomly repeating letters. At first I figured I was accidentally double tapping a key, but after awhile I realized it wasn't on my end. For example, sometimes when typing "what" it'll come out as "whatt" or "whaat" or any variation of the word, with a double letter somewhere. Any one else have this problem or find a fix for it?
    Running BB v0.9 if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
    STX21

Advertisement

pschaf likes this.
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    None

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    Quit trying to type as fast as you do. lol. Honestly I don't know, I have never had that problem. Maybe try turning the beyboard off than on again may help? Worth a try.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. STX21

STX21 Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks. How do you turn off the keyboard though?

4. boogaloo

boogaloo Newbie
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    I was having the same problem, but mine was with the onscreen keyboard. I shut down my phone, removed the battery and rebooted my phone. That did the trick for me, not sure if you have already tried this.

5. nstallion

nstallion Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    The only time this has happened to me is when the phone was lagging. i.e. whatever program I was typing into would momentarily freeze.

6. STX21

STX21 Lurker
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I've tried everything listed and I'm still having this problem. Any other ideas/fixes you guys know about?

7. RobIsMe

RobIsMe Lurker
    None

May 2, 2010
    I have the same problem that started happening while I had bb 0.9 installed. I have since upgraded to 1.0 but the problem didn't go away. Have you been using a different charger than the one provided? I've read that this can cause problems with the keyboard, and it almost seems like the problem started after I used a friends blackberry charger. Its making me dread that I may have damaged my phone... Any info would help!

edit: new here, sorry if this thread was too dead to revive.

8. nstallion

nstallion Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    It seems pretty unlikely that the charger could have caused this unless it's really just a crappy piece of electronics. With micro/mini USB chargers they are pretty much all the same voltage (5.1V or thereabouts) and the only difference is the amperage.

9. pschaf

pschaf Lurker
    None

Jan 4, 2011
    It has been a while since the last post, but I'm having the same issue on my Droid 2 running Froyo (2.2)
    The problem occurs on the physical keyboard and like the original poster, typing words like "what" will come out as "whatt" or "whaat".