• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Pro & Outlook Web Access accounts

danimac89

Lurker
Jun 20, 2011
Just came over from Blackberry (still wondering why) and trying to set up my work email account. Corporate Sync and Touchdown are both hopeless. Cannot specify URL in Droid software (if I type in rmail.company.org/owa, I get error message 'server address should be correctly formatted'. If I leave off the '/owa', I get error message 'Login to the account failed, please try again'. Please help.:thinking:

Not sure why you're having problems. I've set up both Corp Sync and Touchdown on my Pro to connect with our MS Exchange Small Business Server. I only needed to enter my email address and password, and the phone did the rest. Took less than 30 seconds. Even though entering the domain was an option, it wasn't required. Perhaps different security protocols are in play in your server than in ours?

Upvote 0
I guess I'm not sure why you're attempting to use OWA on your phone. OWA is designed for remote access to an Exchange server via a browser such as iE or Firefox etc. It seems to me that if you are specifying /owa anywhere in the domain of your Corp Sync setup, it won't work (and your error message says as much). What happens when you add a new sync account and simply enter your email address and your password, leaving the optional fields of Domain and Username blank? That's all I had to do. Sorry I'm not more help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones