• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Pro

Just out of curiosity, why? I've seen both Fascinates and X's go for that rate...why is the Pro more expensive, when it is cheaper (well, it was cheaper for a while) than either of those?

The Droid Pro is a bit harder to find on the used market than the X or the Fascinate. It's either that they really didn't sell all that many or that people who bought them are keeping them. I think it's probably a little of both. Scarcity definitely keeps the prices up a bit. It's also newer than the X or the Fascinate. Unless a phone is total crap, age matters. A newer phone is more likely to be in a better shape all around and have a longer life to someone buying it used. The global capabilities also make it more attractive to many, increasing the value (especially if it's been SIM unlocked). Neither the X or the Fascinate have that. The import market for a Droid Pro that's been SIM unlocked can fetch rather high prices (although that's starting to change with the release of the Motorola Pro in some places in Europe).

$100 - $150 for one in good shape is definitely going to be tough to come by unless someone is pretty desperate. $200 - $250 is much more likely. Good luck with your search. It's a fantastic phone that was made all the better by the recent system update.

Reactions: JoePT
Upvote 0
The Droid Pro is a bit harder to find on the used market than the X or the Fascinate. It's either that they really didn't sell all that many or that people who bought them are keeping them. I think it's probably a little of both. Scarcity definitely keeps the prices up a bit. It's also newer than the X or the Fascinate. Unless a phone is total crap, age matters. A newer phone is more likely to be in a better shape all around and have a longer life to someone buying it used. The global capabilities also make it more attractive to many, increasing the value (especially if it's been SIM unlocked). Neither the X or the Fascinate have that. The import market for a Droid Pro that's been SIM unlocked can fetch rather high prices (although that's starting to change with the release of the Motorola Pro in some places in Europe).

$100 - $150 for one in good shape is definitely going to be tough to come by unless someone is pretty desperate. $200 - $250 is much more likely. Good luck with your search. It's a fantastic phone that was made all the better by the recent system update.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones