1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid RAZR HD won't boot past red eye

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Laura1877, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Laura1877

Laura1877 Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Female
    I can't get my phone to boot past the red eye. Tried doing recovery and clearing the cache, tried to boot in fast boot mode. There's important stuff I need to get off of there and I don't want to wipe the system out. How can I fix this?

Advertisement

2. ThePhizzle

ThePhizzle Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    When booting hold both power and volume down key, and you should see a menu that says
    Droid4bootmenu_zps2ba0a78e.jpg im not quite sure but I think its BP only or BP HW diag & boot ap,these choices will reboot the phone and it should restart the phone it then should boot up normally with just a little lagg time at the Moto droid eye screen,if it takes longer than 15min. Hold on Wed button till it shut off, then retry the process again choosing the other boot option, same prosidure and if it still hangs on the Moto red eye screen,then please explain what caused the phone to freeze like that please as to get a better insight on how to help you sole this issue. Thank you.

3. Laura1877

Laura1877 Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2016
    Female
    I don't have all those options. My phone says only normal power up, recovery AP fast boot, apply adb and BP tools. I'm not sure what happened to make it do this. It just randomly started to reboot itself and eventually just won't boot at all. I'd be using the chrome browser, Facebook or some other app and it would just restart. It used to take forever to boot. It would stay on that red eye for like 15 minutes and eventually start. Now it just stays there till the battery goes dead. Once I attempt to turn it on it won't turn back off.

4. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    OK thanks now lets try to boot the phone,1st did you try fully charging the battery and then starting up the phone,it may be trying to update your software which can only be done when your phone is charged at least over 60%,if you have fully charged your device and tried to boot up you phone with the same result then we are going to have to try a fastboot command or two so if possible try downloading adb and fastboot 15 sec installer.zip for your PC.

5. ThePhizzle

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Development
    Fresno,California
    I'm terribly sorry, this is the hardest part of this job is to inform you that you might not be able to start your phone up without wiping system data cache and data factory reset if the fist suggestions I gave did not work,but I will keep trying for a better solution, no matter what there's always a chance!