• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root droid roms?

Ok I'm giving up nothing work ..... now just go get everything back to the way I had it.......

Sorry to hear you are giving up :(

I don't know what skill sets you have so I don't want to talk down to you but if this is all new and confusing to you...your best friend is a guy named "research". Luckily, CRPercodani spent a lot of time to put together this thread which ska.t73 has already posted:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/82742-all-new-guide-all-things-root-related.html

I know that most people just want to have the phone rooted...and really don't care about the "how". That's fine, and I completely understand but unfortunately, the more you know...the easier this all is.

FACT: There is not one, properly working (ie...not defective) Motorola Droid that cannot be rooted. Something has gone wrong for you and unfortunately, I do not know what that is. So the best thing to do is to go back and read up on it a little more and follow the guide from top to bottom. If you properly follow instructions, you cannot go wrong. If one of the steps doesn't work for you...bring that specific problem to the forums and post details of what's happening. We can help you through it.

Get tired of trying...I understand. But if you REALLY want the phone rooted...trust me when I say that you CAN make it happen. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones