• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Scratch Test

I would suggest going to best buy to get "Ghost Armor," I for one never buy anything at best buy becuase the ridiculous prices, but when they told me they would wrap my phone for $19 I had to do it. They have a professional installer that will put on the protective layer for you. It was actually cheaper at the store with the install then just to buy the armor online! It was installed flawlessly and and comes with a lifetime warranty, so if it ever peels or scratches they will put on a new one for you. This stuff is great!

Hmmm - I might look into that to protect the metal parts....an that would allow me to use hte docks free and clear....

Nah, don't worry about it, I did this to show that this device is hard as hell to scratch and that protective films probably aren't necessary. I even read somewhere that someone claimed that motorola told them they recommend not using screen protectors on the droid. Don't know if that's true:thinking: but, I'm rolling with no protective film on my new droid. Again, glad I could help.

In spite of your tests, I am not so sure this will last - for all ewe know it could be a protective coating that fades over time (I have a 'scratch-proof' Swatch with clear face and backplates that auto winds- and I can't count the number of scratches it has).

I think I'll stick with my screen protectors until I see official word from Moto to not use them at all...and even then, I might not listen.

Make this a sticky.

Agreed.

Upvote 0
Wow, I woke up this morning to see my video on the front page of phandroid! That's awesome, I didn't realize so many people wanted to see how resistant the screen was. Thanks again guys for the support and thanks phandroid!
Anyone willing to abuse their Android phone for the greater good is okay in our book.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones