1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Droid screen going black while on call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mrdroid921, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Male
    N CEE!
    and it wont come back on, unless i pull out the battery.

Anyone have this happen?
    [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. n9zez

n9zez Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Deputy Sheriff
    I haven't had to do a battery pull. But lately, I have had to hit the "lock/unlock" button to get the screen back after a call. Simply pulling it away from my face doesn't work anymore.

3. Jasondt2001

Jasondt2001 New Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Same here, at first it worked just fine. Now i have to hit the lock/unlock every once in a while to make it come back.

4. Style

Style Member

Nov 6, 2009
    I've had it happen once. If it happens again I might be taking a trip to the verizon store.

5. katahdin

katahdin Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Northern Maine !!
    it spretty disconcerting when you're driving at nite and it goes black and wont come back - cant even see the home/menu etc icon or even hang up !!

6. billspreston01

billspreston01 New Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Mine has done this a couple times now. Really annoying to have to pull the battery after a call.

7. karaberry

karaberry Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ah my phone's been doing this too! This might be TMI, but my boyfriend and I play this game where we see who can "stay on the line" the longest after saying goodnight.

Needless to say, I've been winning recently. We say bye, then I fumble around, press some buttons, then I hear him say "hello?"

Though this is worse when I'm on the phone with my dad, or worse, with a client (terribly awkward).

Will this be fixed in the OTA or is this something I should exchange? My 30 days are up Dec. 9, so I'm not going to get this fixed OTA until after my exchange period is up...