• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid screen issue

colin83

Lurker
Nov 9, 2009
I got my droid this morning from ups. I noticed at the very bottom of the screen the backlighting used to light up the bottom four buttons leaks through onto my screen. Anyone else having this issue? It is really annoying to look at. It almost looks like the screen cuts off early because of the white light leaking up.

looking straight on i can see it but it isnt that bad. when im looking down at an angle i see it a lot. i guess im just annoyed that it does it at all. the backlighting for those buttons has no impact on the actual screen. i dont understand why they didnt totally block it out so there is no leakage.

Upvote 0
I noticed this early on with the Droid, but it's so minor and uninportant that it doesn't really bug me. Motorola should have seperated the two parts of the front better, but it's a very minor quibble with the phone, akin to the "standby/off" button being small and hard to reach.

I think you will probably get used to it and eventually not even think of it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones