1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid security flaw

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aquineas, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Aquineas

Aquineas Newbie

Apparently you can bypass the lockpattern by hitting the Home Screen during an incoming call:

link

2. Geoj

Geoj Guest

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Meh, I tried to be good and use a lock pattern but my pocket kept emergency dialing.

I guess my pocket was pretty upset.

4. Droid4JB

Droid4JB Newbie

Nope...not true...at least on my phone. It IS true that during the call, you can bypass the lock and go into the droid. However, after the call, once hung up, it goes right back to the lock pattern screen...

5. jennyloca715

jennyloca715 Newbie

Very true.:rolleyes:

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

+2 - Same with SMS (when using Handcent on my phone) - I can get and reply, but upon hitting send I go right back to the lock screen.

7. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

That's what the article said, though it also said google has a fix in the works.

8. TipTech

TipTech Newbie

I read this on Gizmodo..basically same article. But to be honest..if said person wants in your phone..and has it in their hands...the lock screen is probably the least of your worries. Hell if you hold it right you possibly could look at the smudge pattern on the phone. Anyhow..keep your phone in your hands..and I think your relatively safe.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews