1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid shuts off when "dropped"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yehaww, Jul 7, 2011.

1. yehaww

yehaww Newbie

Something odd has started happening. When I put my phone down on a hard surface, if I don't gently lay it down, it just shuts completely off. I'm not dropping it, just setting it down and then pulling my fingers out from beneath it. That's enough of a jolt to shut down. It didn't do it before. The battery seems to be solidly in place. Is this some sort of safety feature or am I dealing with a failing device?

Advertisement

2. smguy101

smguy101 Member

it sounds like you have a defective charge. I have dropped mine 4ft off the ground on more the one occasion and it hasnt shut down on me yet.

3. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

You might just have a slightly loose battery. Try putting half of a business card between the battery and the back door. You can also use a thin sticky back felt dot used for lamp bottoms, stick it to the battery door just opposite the center of the battery this will hold the battery and its contacts in place. Even a medium sized band aid will work.

4. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

...or take it back for a replacement.

5. Silent Thunder

Silent Thunder Well-Known Member

One more thing, check and make sure your battery door is full on and snapped tight.

6. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

I would take it to a verizon store and have them take a look.

7. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Android Expert

This definitely sounds like a contact issue and you should be able to get a replacement for it if the battery door is on tight and the battery is seated properly. The only issue is that if it's intermittent and you can't exhibit this effect at the actual VZW store, the reps may tell you to go away.

8. yehaww

yehaww Newbie

ok thanks for the input.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews