• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help droid sound does not play on startup

OP here: I believe I found the solution. (for me anyways) the notification sound is made when the phone prepares the SD card on startup. I had deactivated the SD notification sound. I re enabled that sound and it seems to work just fine. Its under settings+sound and display+SD notification.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0
OP here: I believe I found the solution. (for me anyways) the notification sound is made when the phone prepares the SD card on startup. I had deactivated the SD notification sound. I re enabled that sound and it seems to work just fine. Its under settings+sound and display+SD notification.

hope this helps.

thanks for the tip, I will try this. My Droid "use" to say that cool "droooiddd" startup voice, then stopped. I will check and see that setting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones