1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support droid sound does not play on startup

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonmarchelli, Nov 22, 2009.

1. tonmarchelli

tonmarchelli Newbie

Nov 22, 2009
    So im not sure when it happened. but now when i turn on my phone i do not get the "DROID" sound on startup. sound is on. any hints as to why?

Advertisement

2. tonmarchelli

tonmarchelli Newbie

Nov 22, 2009
  3. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2009
    Male
    Mobile Device Admin
    Kingsport, TN
    I am not sure that mine ever did??? :thinking: :D

4. johnny67

johnny67 Lurker

Nov 29, 2009
    If you go to Settings>Sound&Display>Notification Ringtone>Choose the "Droid" ringtone and it will then play at start up.
    I have tried to use other sound files in place of this unsuccessfully so I switched it back to the "droid" notification.
    Hope that helps in some way. :)

5. mully

mully Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    In constant pain.
    Mine also does not do this. Even if it is set to "Droid" tone.

6. tonmarchelli

tonmarchelli Newbie

Nov 22, 2009
    OP here: I believe I found the solution. (for me anyways) the notification sound is made when the phone prepares the SD card on startup. I had deactivated the SD notification sound. I re enabled that sound and it seems to work just fine. Its under settings+sound and display+SD notification.

hope this helps.

7. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Android Expert

Feb 8, 2010
    won the lottery
    WestSiiiide
    thanks for the tip, I will try this. My Droid "use" to say that cool "droooiddd" startup voice, then stopped. I will check and see that setting.

8. bb90

bb90 Newbie

Nov 22, 2009
    for the sd card thing i clicked that but it only makes the droid sound when its at the main screen and i remember the sound going along with the red eye

9. The red eye comes first, then it vibrates, then when the main screen appears and the sd card is accessed it says Drooooiiiiiid. It's always done that mine, never Droided with the red eye, always after (on full/complete boot).

10. nstallion

nstallion Android Expert

Nov 13, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    The only time there would ever be a sound during the boot animation is if the phone was taking extra long to boot the graphical UI for some reason.

The phone would load the OS and mount the SD card (triggering the notification sound) while the boot animation was still going. It isn't supposed to do this.