1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Droid stays one 1X now at work

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miguel622, Feb 24, 2011.

1. miguel622

miguel622 Lurker

Hello everyone, first time posting here and hope I can get some good advice. I have a Moto Droid and starting last month, only while I'm at work, my phone switches between 3g and 1x but mostly stays on 1x 95% of the time. A little background on where I work. I work in a basement and have horrible reception when our repeater is not hooked up, which is why we have a repeater down here. It's a zboost YX500-cel. For the last year and a half it has worked perfectly but last month my phone started switching to 1x all the time. My co-worker has a blackberry storm2 and his stays on 3g all the time. Another co-worker with a blackberry storm2 has his switch just like mine. I checked the location of the antenna for the repeater and it has not moved in over a year and the cable hasn't been touched. I have updated my phone and tried moving the repeater and power cycling it, nothing as worked.

Just hoping someone can shed a little light on the problem, I need my 3 g back so I can stop working at work :p

Advertisement

2. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

Could be the repeater going bad. Repeaters act like routers, which sometimes just die of old age. At least, in my experience.