1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Droid stopped connecting to car bluetooth

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbs224, Jun 20, 2010.

1. mbs224

mbs224 New Member

Jun 19, 2010
    I am pretty new to the Droid but when I got it a month ago it connected immediately to my Infiniti bluetooth and worked seamlessly. Now for some reason it won't connect. I tried re-pairing the phone and the car goes through the motions of pairing but still won't connect. Could I have somehow downloaded something that now blocks this connection? My phone says it is not yet paired so I'm really confused!

Advertisement

2. ne0lyfeism

ne0lyfeism Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    Male
    In the burbs of SEPA
    I'm going to assume you're running a stock Droid (i.e., not rooted). That being said, I've had this happen to me a couple of times on my rooted Droid. What I've found is that if I try to use the phone before it registers with the bluetooth in my car, I end up having issues.

The only solution that seems to work is to delete and re-add the bluetooth connection on your Droid. By delete and re-add, I mean to go into the Bluetooth Settings, remove your car's bluetooth device, and then re-pair. That seems to do the trick for me every time.

3. Clark20ry

Clark20ry Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I am going to add to this thread. I don't have a rooted droid but I am upgraded to 2.1. Ever since I did the update my B/T jawbone 2 doesn't stay connected. I can make one call when I turn on my Jawbone then the next call won't be on my headset. I have to cycle the Jawbone 2 and I still only get one call before cycling it again. I says its connected and makes noises in my ear when it rings or I hang up but if I make or recieve a call it is on my droid ear pierce and shows a green screen not blue..

Any help?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Long press the Jawbone in your BT settings on your DROID, and see if there is a setting to remember and automatically pair. If not, remove it and then re-pair it.

5. roscopicotrane

Jun 24, 2010
    HVAC
    Ramsey MN
    My evo wont stay connected to my 2010 jetta any more ether. I have tried resetting phone, took out battery. I have tried to pair the device again and nothing. I connects for like 5 sec and then disconnects from car. This SUCKS

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    Well, in spite of the fact that you're complaining about an EVO in a DROID forum...

Are you rooted? Have you applied any updates?