• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid to Incredible

bunk

Lurker
Mar 15, 2010
Another lurker emerges from the shadows...

Like many others in this forum, I bought a droid. I couldn't take my t-mo bb 8900 anymore. I've had it since Saturday, HOPING that the incredible will come out before 5/2. Now that seems like a lock.

Anyways, I was wondering what I need to do to prep my conversion from a Droid to the Incredible. I've been using Appbrain, so I guess I can just install the apps again from there. But that means all my settings would be back to the default. Any way to back the apps and their settings up ?

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to backup everything and transfer to the incredible...contacts, messages, apps and their settings.

I figure there's many others here like me who would like this info, so I'm posting here....

Mybackup pro which is 4.99 but it's amazing, backs up everything BUT apps, then just install it straight over. Save it online not on the SD card and you'll be all good!

EDIT: SORRY! I just double checked, and titanium back up, the one for apps, requires root! so that will NOT work! Never mind! What do you guys recommend for this? I don't generally use none rooted backup stuff for apps...

Also, since you have a Gmail account, contacts are synced so they don't need to be backed up ever. Never ever. Just type in your gmail account when you sign into your new phone and you'll have them right there after a few mins. of syncing. But if your worried about it just save them on Mybackup pro too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones