1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Turbo Bluetooth range is terrible!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gonzo117, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Gonzo117

Gonzo117 Newbie

I love my Droid Turbo but I've been disappointed with the range of the Bluetooth signal. It seems that if I get more than 6 feet away from my Bose speaker, it starts breaking up. I never had this problem with my previous phones, the Note 3 and 4. I'm hoping a software update can fix this. Has anyone else had this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dukenilnil

dukenilnil Member

I have a smartwatch hooked up to it and can go from my basement to the 2nd floor and still have a connection. Same if I leave the house and go to the street for the mailbox. Best Bluetooth connection I've had

3. Gonzo117

Gonzo117 Newbie

That's good to hear. I'll try it on another Bluetooth speaker and see if it's any better.

4. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

I am using an Aliph: Jawbone Era (2nd generation model) and I can travel twice as far from phone as I was able to with my Note 3. Also, with my Note 3 I would get random digital/pix-elation ( is that really a thing?) when on voice calls. I no longer get that with the Turbo.
    I guess check what may be interfering with it ( ie: microwave, wifi routers, other bluetooth devices) or check the quality of your bluetooth speaker?

5. wolf_walker

wolf_walker Well-Known Member

Plantronics Legend had decent range in my limited testing, however streaming music to my powered speakers it was dropping out where my Galaxy S4 is perfect.
    Not sure what to make of that, aptX difference?
    It's repeatable though.

6. Gonzo117

Gonzo117 Newbie

I think it was my speaker. I tried it on another one and the range was very good.

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews