• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid Turbo not ringing when someone calls....help!

20 sec vs. 7 min?

Is it possible that the longer version is caused by re-writing the area multiple times to make it more secure?

... Thom
Anything is possible.

But probably not.

I once had a UID fixer that went from 30 minutes down to under 2 seconds in recovery just due to a language/compiler change.

Recovery operations are typically built so as to prioritize reliability and everything else comes far below that.

If any redundancies were added such as multiple pass pattern wiping, then I'd expect that to be more about some bizarre bug that required that for reliability rather than a security requirement.

Of course, I've been wrong before.

Not sure you'd find much private data in the operating system cache - if anything I'd certainly expect that in the individual app caches - sitting right alongside the actual private data stores in the /data partition.

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
Has anyone had the issue of your phone not doing anything when someone calls?? I've seen it with my own eyes: someone calling and my phone doing nothing. My phone is usually on vibrate because I have a 3 month old. Today is the second time it's happened, the first time was the first of the year. I just thought it was a bug with the new year. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This mommy is kinda freaking out

I had the same problem. My phone would vibrate but I heard no ringtone. I went to setting/ apps/ scrolled down to moto voice and disabled it. Then reboot your phone try increasing the volume and make sure it is set on ALL. There is a setting for None, Priority and All. Then I called my self to make sure I had a ringtone with volume and I did.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem. My phone would vibrate but I heard no ringtone. I went to setting/ apps/ scrolled down to moto voice and disabled it. Then reboot your phone try increasing the volume and make sure it is set on ALL. There is a setting for None, Priority and All. Then I called my self to make sure I had a ringtone with volume and I did.
Not sure if that's a permanent fix, since rebooting fixes this issue temporarily anyway. Let us know if it's still working after a week. This is rather annoying. Is the bug still present in Android 5.1 update? I have it on my phone running 5.0.2

Upvote 0
When the dreaded software update noticed popped up, I knew I was headed for trouble. There is no way to avoid these; if you decline, the notice will continue to pop up forever. So, after the update, I no longer had a ringtone sound. After an hour with Verizon tech support, they couldn't fix it and did a factory reset. I had a ringtone sound for a short while. Now I don't. Verizon tech support, you probably know by now, closes at 11 pm on weekdays and at 9 on weekends. I am on my 4th Turbo, and about to get my 5th, probably. I have got to get out of the contract somehow so I can get a reliable phone and service from ATT.

Upvote 0
I have this phone. I have been working with Verizon for 2 months. This is a phone problem. there is no fix if you are affected. my wife has the phone and her phone is not affected. I miss on average 20-30 calls per day. I have spent 8+ hours on the phone with tier 2 technical support and they have no idea what to do because there is no apparent fix.

Upvote 0
Has anyone had the issue of your phone not doing anything when someone calls?? I've seen it with my own eyes: someone calling and my phone doing nothing. My phone is usually on vibrate because I have a 3 month old. Today is the second time it's happened, the first time was the first of the year. I just thought it was a bug with the new year. Any help would be greatly appreciated! This mommy is kinda freaking out

You are not alone. I have this problem and Verizon has no idea on how to fix it. I have over 8 hours on the phone and have gone through multiple phones. I miss 20-30 calls per day.

Upvote 0
I just purchased my phone 7/21/2015 and it worked fine. Then an update popped up so I installed it and the phone stopped ringing/vibrating when people tried to call me. So they called, the phone rang til whatever the number of rings there are before voicemail, then they go to voicemail. I would look at my phone and see that I had missed calls so today I finally decided to call from my office phone to see it firsthand. Yep, call goes through but no ring. After experimented with the settings menu I found something that worked (at least for now): Sound and notification/Interruptions/When calls and notifications arrive - I had my phone set to 'Allow only priority interruptions'. I set it to 'Always Interrupt' and now my phone rings again (notifications too).

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0
Had the phone since early June. Got the first one and could hardly hear the caller on the other line. Got it replaced within the first week. This is my second one and now August 28 it stopped ringing. The calls come in and I can see the phone receiving the call if I am looking at it! But if the darn thing is in my purse, I have no clue if a call is coming in! it just does not make any sound! Last night I put it in safe mode, well it wont take call on safe mode, it goes to voice mail! So how can I tell if its an app that is causing the problem--no good. Took it off safe mode by turn it off and on (as indicated) and now phone rings. How long will it work for? who knows! Most likely this problem will come up again! good luck to all of us--love the phone , unhappy about this basic function not working.

Upvote 0
I'm at a little disadvantage ... I am a heavy Tasker user. There are seven (sometimes confusing) volume controls on the Turbo.

The first phone you had. It seems to me that the in-call volume was probably turned way down and that is why you were having the problem. Simply increasing it to the maximum (7) should have solved that.

Fir your current ringer problem ... there is an apparent know problem sometimes with the ringer volume on the Turbo that was discussed earlier in this thread. I have not yet encountered it. I ASSUME it will be corrected in the next update (date unknown).

... Thom

Upvote 0
I'm at a little disadvantage ... I am a heavy Tasker user. . It seems to me that the in-call volume was probably turned way down and that is why you were having the problem. Simply increasing it to the maximum (7) should have solved that.

Fir your current ringer problem ... there is an apparent know problem sometimes with the ringer volume on the Turbo that was discussed earlier in this thread. I have not yet encountered it. I ASSUME it will be corrected in the next update (date unknown).

... Thom

No, all my volumes were turned all the way up. There is also a problem with in call volume with some droid turbos as I found out by looking it up.

Upvote 0
My Droid Turbo the day after I got it started not ringing. All other sound functions worked fine. The ringer volume would be grayed out as if it did not have the function. When I would reboot the phone all would be fine. It did this before I updated to lollipop too.

I was stumped. Reset phone to factory, still the same. Would work fine for one call then the next call it wouldn't ring. The way I figured out my problem was I got a call phone rang just fine. (I use the phone for business too, accepting credit cards through Square.) Had a customer come in, plugged the Square reader in, completed the transaction, unplugged the Square reader, looked down and my phone was ringing...without the ringer again!

Looked in the settings, yep, sure enough the ringer volume was grayed out. Rebooted the phone, checked setting had ringer volume control back. Plugged the Square in, you got it! No ringer. I have contacted Square to see if they could do anything on their end, they said more than likely it would be an Android issue.

Has anyone else noticed if they plug something into the headphone jack if thats when they lose the ringer volume? Had a Droid Bionic before the Turbo with no issues with it! Only started after the upgrade. Everything is updated and still have the same issue. Was wondering if this could be the source of hearing conversations while on the phone too. Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
I had a similar problem but as always different. My phone would not ring until I deleted Moto Voice. Everything has been fine for months as this corrected the problem. If you need to know exactly how to do this go to my other post and it explains how to do it. It's on page 3.

Upvote 0
Hi Nikki. I got a new Motorola Turbo 2 earlier this week and I couldn't get it to ring. I downloaded a dial tone and turned the ring volume up on the Sound & Notification area. No thanks to any of the comments on this thread, I started looking at my phone, flipping buttons etc. I think I found something that fixed my problem and my help you. Go to Sound & Notification. Turn the Ring Volume up. Now the trick that fixed my ringer. Touch "Interruptions". Under "Priority Interruptions slide the switches from left to right (gray to green, on my phone) for all three of the categories: 1) Events and reminders; 2) Calls; and 3) Messages. The "Call" switch is what started making my phone actually ring. I haven't read much more about this but my phone rings now. To me this was a bit misleading since in my logical mind, I thought these slider switches were only for some sort of "priority Interruptions" and not simply to allow my phone to ring. Hope it works. BTW - I wish they only allowed people to chat on these things that had like phones with like problems and not simply throw crap out there because they think they are smart. I am not smart, I just had a similar phone and am telling you what worked for me. Good luck.

Upvote 0
My grandfather just got this phone today and we were attempting to set it up before he left for work. And this happened. We ended up having to restart the phone for it to work. Hopefully we'll have luck and it won't mess up again before he comes home (he's a semi driver over the road from coast to coast)
My Droid Turbo the day after I got it started not ringing. All other sound functions worked fine. The ringer volume would be grayed out as if it did not have the function. When I would reboot the phone all would be fine. It did this before I updated to lollipop too.

I was stumped. Reset phone to factory, still the same. Would work fine for one call then the next call it wouldn't ring. The way I figured out my problem was I got a call phone rang just fine. (I use the phone for business too, accepting credit cards through Square.) Had a customer come in, plugged the Square reader in, completed the transaction, unplugged the Square reader, looked down and my phone was ringing...without the ringer again!

Looked in the settings, yep, sure enough the ringer volume was grayed out. Rebooted the phone, checked setting had ringer volume control back. Plugged the Square in, you got it! No ringer. I have contacted Square to see if they could do anything on their end, they said more than likely it would be an Android issue.

Has anyone else noticed if they plug something into the headphone jack if thats when they lose the ringer volume? Had a Droid Bionic before the Turbo with no issues with it! Only started after the upgrade. Everything is updated and still have the same issue. Was wondering if this could be the source of hearing conversations while on the phone too. Hope this helps someone.

Upvote 0
Go to Settings/Sound and Notifications/Interruptions/Calls - make sure the Calls is checked. If it is not checked, you are telling it not to interrupt you with a phone call when you are playing a game or something. The phone is a piece of garbage but I am stuck with it and I figured this out mostly on my own with some help from a nice Verizon guy.

Upvote 0
Try settings/sound and notification/interruptions and make sure calls is checked.

Reactions: whitehat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones