1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid Turbo power button not working - how to turn it on?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sant9204, May 10, 2015.

1. sant9204

sant9204 Lurker
    None

May 10, 2015
    Male
    My power button has water damage (voids Verizon warranty) and it doesn't work, but my phone is still fully functional. It turned off once but I was able to get it back on by charging it (battery was really low). This time it turned off by itself and I can't get it back on. I can get to the bootloader screen but can't select 'Start' because it can only be selected with the power button. Is there anything I can do? I'm pretty sure I turned on debugging mode but whenever I run ADB it says no device is found. Please help me.

Advertisement

Thom likes this.
  2. frodub

frodub Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Is it possible to pop the button out, like the volume keys? Maybe look into that and be able to hit it with a pin or something

Thom likes this.
  3. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

Jan 7, 2010
    The only thing that I can think of is if you can get it powered off and can get a wireless charger, the Qi charger will actually do a normal power on of the device in order to charge.

Thom likes this.
  4. sant9204

sant9204 Lurker
    None

May 10, 2015
    Male

That would be perfect, thanks! I'll try it out for sure

Thom likes this.
  5. lisamarie616

lisamarie616 Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2015
    Female
    Has anyone successfully used a Qi charger to power on a dead Turbo? My power button is also broken. I don't have a Qi charger, but I will find one if this actually works!

Thom likes this.
  6. AlfaDroid

AlfaDroid Newbie
    None

Jul 10, 2015
    Male
    You could also try a spritz of the spray used to clean electrical contacts. Radioshack or other electronic supply stores (like Fry's or even Home Depot) should sell small cans of those. If you want to try, do not spray directly the power switch on the phone. Spray a little amount in a small container, then dip a toothpick in it to pick up a little and drop it in the narrow spaces between the power button and the case, so that it sips inside. Keep the phone so that the liquid does not go toward the screen. This kind of cleaner is safe on plastic and electronics (they evaporate without leaving residue) but I am not sure what they would do if they touch the screen from the inside.

I have used such cleaner on many kind of electronic equipment and never had issues, however I have never used it on a phone, so try it at your own risk :)

Thom likes this.
  7. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    What do you mean by "broken"?

... Thom