1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid Turbo - Rumors, Release Date, Orders

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by whitehat, Oct 8, 2014.

1. whitehat

whitehat Android Enthusiast

Since the Droid Turbo is rumored to be announced soon, I thought it would be a good idea to set up a place for rumors and speculation about the device. I also allowed for early ordering problems or not when it is available.

Lets have at it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. whitehat

3. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Yeah, but the beast has been neutered due to no sd slot ;)

4. whitehat

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

It may not ship with it, but it would almost certainly get the L update during its lifetime. Art is default on l, so that would come too

6. whitehat

7. AVSkillet

AVSkillet Member

Looks like a beast indeed. I may be getting this as my next phone. Just waiting for that official announcement! Either this or the next Nexus which will also be made by Motorola. But chances are there will be no Nexus on Verizon.

8. photoeditor

photoeditor Member

PDAdb.net has the specs (XT1254). If it carries all the LTE bands listed there, and has a reasonably bright display, I'll probably buy. Great battery life, strong support of almost every wireless standard, good build quality and comfortably usable in LTE on every US national network except Sprint. And, by the time it wears out, maybe Sprint too will have decent rural coverage, open access for devices and an end to stupid device locking policies. I was hoping to get the new Moto X, but the display isn't very bright, the battery is a bit of a worry and you can't get a version that supports both Verizon and AT&T on LTE.

A note on the Nexus. The Nexus 5 supports every single currently available US frequency, CDMA, GSM, HSPA, LTE -- except LTE Band 13. It's practically as though Verizon bludgeoned Google into keeping it off their network. So I have to say at this point, unless you're Apple and you're therefore too big to be bullied by a mere Baby Bell, Verizon WILL say, "bloatware or no-where!"

whitehat likes this.
  9. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

If Turbo meets specs leaked, I'm in for sure. Just what has leaked blows everything away, and moto makes the best phone (radio) on the market imo. I'm also a convert to no sd slot...since I haven't used mine RMHD in a long time...as long as you can get a Turbo w/at least 32G. This thing looks awesome if moto comes through with what's leaked.

10. whitehat

11. pchain

pchain Newbie

12. nightowl66

nightowl66 Well-Known Member

It has a curved back? I went from the maxx to the HTC one m8. The m8 has a curved back which I hate. Set it on a table and use it, it wobbles and is a pain. I was hoping to buy the new Motorola outright and sell the m8. Not now.plus no sd slot.

13. Biaviian

Biaviian Android Enthusiast

Is it for sure that it will be a Verizon exclusive?

14. whitehat

Droid phones have always been exclusive to Verizon. I have heard rumors that other carriers may get it as a Moto Max or other name. Since I am on VZW because of poor to no coverage by other carriers, I haven't paid attention to those rumors.

15. Biaviian

Biaviian Android Enthusiast

Yeah o realize that but it sounds like this may be an exception. Hopefully it is then I'll get this over the nexus 6.

16. pchain

pchain Newbie

New pic leaked today showing a textured back option...

[​IMG]

t12b25, whitehat and KOLIO like this.
  17. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

I know I'm getting the Turbo, but I really want to see the dimensions already.

18. bcltoys

bcltoys Android Enthusiast

Does launch mean in the store on Oct 28 or just when we officially know what we are waiting for.

19. whitehat

That is what Phandroid wanted to know when the Turbo was announced. The announcement could be interpreted either way.

20. whitehat

21. hal1

hal1 Android Expert

The next leak I want to see is the dimension.

22. wooky69

wooky69 Android Enthusiast

Hi all, does anyone know if this will be released in the U.K.? Everything I read seems to be about Verison.

I was holding out for a Nexus 6 but the battery on this is making me think again :)

23. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

It has to be pretty close to the new Moto X (5.54 x 2.85 x 0.39 in). Maybe a touch longer with the bottom "chin".

24. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

The Droid series has always been a Verizon exclusive device - the brand name is owned by Verizon and the phones are made under contract by Motorola. That said, there was a rumor over the summer that Motorola applied for a trademark for the name "Motorola Maxx", so I would guess that there is a chance that Motorola will be selling a similar device that's available at least unlocked, or to other carriers. But, again, that's just a rumor.

25. whitehat

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews