• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid Turbo - Rumors, Release Date, Orders

Apologies but my knowledge of the US phone networks are limited (i'm from the UK). Is there any way to get this phone working on the UK networks (preferably on Three's 4G network)?

I'm extremely attracted to this phone given the high spec and reasonable size (Nexus 6 too big) and there doesn't seem to be much that can rival it (maybe the rumored S5+)...

Upvote 0
Apologies but my knowledge of the US phone networks are limited (i'm from the UK). Is there any way to get this phone working on the UK networks (preferably on Three's 4G network)?

Probably not the lte network, but maybe hspa+. I have to be honest that I haven't seen the band specifications for the turbo yet, but I suspect that they will be limited to the verizon lte bands, so, band 4 and band 13. But all gsm bands should be there.

Again, though, there is a rumored device called the moto maxx that i suspect Motorola intends for the international market, so I would just wait a month or two to see if anything ever comes of that.

Upvote 0
Probably not the lte network, but maybe hspa+. I have to be honest that I haven't seen the band specifications for the turbo yet, but I suspect that they will be limited to the verizon lte bands, so, band 4 and band 13. But all gsm bands should be there.

Again, though, there is a rumored device called the moto maxx that i suspect Motorola intends for the international market, so I would just wait a month or two to see if anything ever comes of that.

Thanks for the reply.
Just read about the moto maxx rumours here:
A global version of Motorola Droid Turbo to be unveiled in Brazil - GSMArena.com news

Sounds encouraging if true. Will wait and see.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones