1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Droid USB Audio (Pandora, Rhapsody apps etc..)

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by jmac3789, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jmac3789

jmac3789 Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
    I just bought a new Infiniti G37x only to realize later that there is no aux input... I have grown accustomed to using the aux input to play music via the rhapsody app on my 1st gen droid. The G37x has bluetooth capabilities and a usb port/storage device. Is there any way for me to continue to listen to Pandora and Rhapsody through my car stereo using these?

Advertisement

2. sitlet

None

Apr 11, 2010
    music files over usb, yes, in disk drive mode. As far as pandora and rhapsody, the only two options are aux cable or bluetooth. If your stereo supports a2dp it should work.

3. jgreetham

jgreetham Well-Known Member
    None

May 3, 2010
    I have a T-Mo Vibrant & just bought a Chevy Cruze also with bluetooth. I have tried both the stock music player and winamp. Neither can play over the car bluetooth. I think it lacks the headphone profile - I forget what it's called. On the stock music player if I select "Play over bluetooth" it shows the headphones I have paired with the phone but not currently connected.
    Your Droid might be able to output over the USB. I have not tried my Vibrant although I did try copying a bunch of songs to a thumb drive - they played OK over the car stereo.

4. jmac3789

jmac3789 Lurker
    None

Feb 23, 2011
  5. dawankler

dawankler Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    That little device isn't going to do anything for you. It's a cheap USB soundcard for a computer and your phone and HU won't know what to do with it.

I'm shocked to hear the G37 doesn't have AUX in. My 370 does, and I think that's true of all the radio trim levels on the Z. Streaming over Bluetooth is probably your best bet, but for me the sound quality kinda sucks compared to using the AUX in.

6. markathome

markathome Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    I have a new Ford and I can play audio with my original Droid via the USB, Bluetooth, or Aux In jack. I can even hook all three up and just choose which option to use from the head unit.
    I can play from Slacker or Pandora and from MP3's on the SD card. Once the phone was sync, all I had to do was click play.:)

7. Phoneguy65

Phoneguy65 Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    I just bought an Atrix (gave up my aging iPhone) but can't play music through the USB port. My stereo can't seem to read the internal drive and constantly indexes the SD drive. Any thoughts? I've contacted Moto and ATT and both were not any help. I'm on the verge of returning it and waiting for the iPhone5. Any help is greatly appreciated.