• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid vs Nexus One: Multitouch

Upvote 0
whoa, from that site:

Update: It looks like we have a partial answer to one of the questions. Dianna Hackborn, a Google engineer, posted the following response on the official Android Developers group. It appears the Droid does in fact have a higher quality touch screen and a “fix” for the Nexus One does not look good at this point.
---
“Sorry I meant exactly what I said: this is how the touch screen hardware on the Nexus One works (which is essentially the same screen as on the G1 and myTouch). The Droid has a sensor from a different manufacturer, with different behavior. Other phones will likewise have different sensors.”

Upvote 0
I think apple is feeling the pinch from the growing number of android users. They cant stand competition any more than MS can.

Pun intended, right?

Anyways, I also noticed in that video that the N1's screen was having a hard time showing the blue and red lines that were very clearly legible on the Droid. Could just be a matter of brightness settings, but with an AMOLED, why wouldn't you have it on auto at least (it's pretty battery efficient).

Anyways, go DROID.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones