• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid vx Google Pixel

oaklane

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2010
New Hampshire
At the end February my Droid comes up for eligible for a new phone. I'm leaning towards a Droid Turbo 2, the turbo has been awesome and my husband now has the Droid Turbo 2. But our oldest son has recommended the Google Pixel Xl. My concern is that one the mp for the camera is a lot less on the Pixel and the storage only has 32 and 128. Any thoughts from you all about the two?

I'll start by saying that I have none of these phones, but I've been following them fairly closely.

I would not get a Turbo 2. Way, way too many people are having issues with charging. See https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-2-by-Motorola/Turbo-2-won-t-charge/td-p/3261260 (it's a very long thread, and the problem does not seem to be getting better with time.) Yes, I know that not everybody is having that problem, but there are a lot of people who are, and some people are having it on warranty replacement phones as well.

If I were to recommend a Droid phone to somebody, it would be the Moto Z Force Droid. It's a newer phone, has the Nougat update, has a better camera than the Turbo 2, and nobody seems to be reporting those charging issues.

Personally, I would still get the Pixel. Pixel count is just one specification of a camera. The Pixel camera has been rated higher by most reviewers, especially over the month than one year-old Turbo 2. (Well, of course, I would get the Pixel because I hate big phones like the Turbo 2 and Pixel XL, but, if you prefer that size, I'd go for either the Pixel XL or the Z Force.)

I don't know what your budget is, of course... if that's an issue, perhaps it's a different recommendation.

Reactions: dhbuckley
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones