• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X and reverse psychology

bpman

Jun 23, 2010
I remember waiting patiently for the Droid X to come out..cancelled an HTC Incredible due to shipping delay after shipping delay. Like most of us here, I read everything I could about the new X phone. I saw a familiar concern being posted that the phone is too big!!!! I was concerned. Side by side comparisons indeed showed the phone was quite a bit larger than anything else out there. My concern grew but I decided to take the plunge...and I LOVE the phone.

Now the reverse psychology comes in.

having had my phone for 2 weeks or so, I can't help but think that the Droid X is not too big it's just the other phones are too damned small!!! A coworker was playing with his Incredible the other day and I could not stop saying to myself that I could not imagine dealing with a small screen like that and that was the phone I was drooling over for weeks.

The mind works in wondrous ways. I guess the old adage is true.."better to have too much Real Estate than not enough" (even when it comes to phones).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones