1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

droid x and the superbowl

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rdskns, Feb 4, 2011.

1. rdskns

rdskns Lurker

could ANYBODY please tell me if my droid x phone is capable of getting the live actuall game on it? the superbowl is being carried live on fox t.v. thank you!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Took your email address out to prevent spam and moved to the appropriate forum. :)

3. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, you'd have to have a Slingbox which allows you to watch any live TV broadcast on your Droid X, same as if you're watching your TV at home.

rdskns likes this.
  4. rdskns

rdskns Lurker

may i ask you sir, what is a slingbox??..and about how much might it cost?

5. B360155

B360155 Well-Known Member

It's a device that connects your television to your home computer. You can then watch your television via the internet on any computer. The software has a remote control emulator that allows you to change channels and do anything remotely that you can do at home.

Then, if you want this same access to all live TV programming on your smartphone, you purchase the slingbox android app and install it on your phone. Now you can watch live television on your Droid X.

It's pretty slick but the initial oulay is fairly steep. The box runs about $200 to $300, depending on which model you get and the android app is $30. On the positive side, there are no subscription fees, just the initial hardware and software purchases.

I've had mine for probably 3 or 4 years now, so over time it's not as painful. They have software available for all of the main smartphone operating systems. Nothing quite like it as far as I know if you want live TV broadcasts on your phone. It looks great on the Droid X's big screen too!

6. danlindeman

danlindeman Newbie

Check out firstrow.net they always have a few links of streaming games.

7. Doit2it

Doit2it Android Expert

Little late. Looks like they've been shut down for piracy!

I think Slingbox or OrbTV look like the best bet to legally stream the game.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews