• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Bootloader Error

perez6991

Lurker
Sep 30, 2012
So I bought this droid x and the guy told me it doesnt boot and goes to an error message saying:

Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery Low
Cannot Program

The main point is, I want to reflash this phone to stock. I have tried tutorials to resolve this issue but all with the same results. Please HELP

moto phones boot to bootloader, when operating system, fails to boot
common fix is to flash sbf recovery image
but you can not flash, with low battery
try battery pull, replace, connect to wall charger, does it still boot to bootloader or does battery charging screen start?
if yes let it fully charge, if no you need to find a way to charge
once you have a charged battery, you need to flash sbf with rsd lite, sbf_flash, or ezSBF see links in my list
try ezSBF for dx first
sd_shadow's list of links for Droid FAQs, SBF, Rooting, ROMs.... https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Goawxdx_UBF4Y8lqzHYWf8Ha3yUcRK4faq0UWIlXLWA/edit

Upvote 0
Looks like I found it.

Go here and look at post #18.
Charging while in bootloader - Page 2

This should bypass the bootloader all together and allow you to charge even with the phone off.

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for "bricking" or other damage you may do to your phone. PLEASE follow the instructions or take it to a tech who can help you out further.

<----Don't forget to add info of your device(s) to your profile.
Please hit Thanks when you get help!------------------------\/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones