• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Camera not saving pics

acey612

Jul 6, 2010
So I take a picture with my Droid X, and it doesn't save at all.

It seems to be tied to the GPS, because if I wait for the GPS to tag the photo, then it SEEMS to work MOST of the time. Thing is, I can't wiat for the GPS all of the time, I just want a point and click cam.

I have tried disabling the GPS and it doesn't seem to work until I reboot the phone. Anyone else having this issue, any suggestions?

I've been having this issue for a while now. I used to could fix the problem by un-mounting and re-mounting the sd card, but today that wouldn't work. So to fix the problem today, I disabled the location settings in the camera options. Is there another camera app that works better? Also why doesn't the camera save the pick to the internal memory, just in case the GPS location is not available.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this will work for everyone but I had same problem lots of people had about taking pictures and it not saving them. I tried all the other things peole were saying to do to no avail. My problem ended up being the sd card class #. I had a 16 GB micro sd 10 class. I ended up buying a 16GB micro SD class 2 and I haven't had a problem with pictures being saved since. Works perfect now!! I have no idea why the class # causes bugs or issues when saving pictures but going to a lower class(2) cured my problem. Hope this helps people and relieves major headaches!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones