• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Droid X Camera Settings Suggestions

XxXplicit

Aug 11, 2010
Nor Cal
Some of us have had the phone for over a month which has allowed us to play around with different settings and such. One thing I have been trying to get right is the best camera settings to use for the phone. I enjoy the 6mp setting because its a wide shot where the 8mp setting isn't. (I haven't figured out if you can get the 8mp setting to go wide screen) In the end I can't quite seem to find the right settings that satisfy me. Post up what settings you are using or suggest using for others to use and/or try.

oh gosh... newbs... seriously go into camera mode and compare it to any other camera either digital or another phone... the DX camera you will literally have to back up a foot or 2 to capture the exact same thing in the photo.... not complaining at all about the quality but this permenant zoom thing is really annoying

Upvote 0
You are not going to get decent help if you begin to randomly insult people here. I don't have the phone in-hand yet and I'm trying to help you with what I've learned here anyway. The least you can do is be mature and have some respect.

If you want to show us an actual example of what you mean, try recording a video or even taking a picture of the DX's screen when this situation presents itself.

Try to do your part here. We can't reach through our screens and remote control your phone for you.

EDIT: Sorry for off-topic-ness. Post in your own thread now edhgreatone and I can reply to you there instead.

Reactions: kriscad
Upvote 0
you know, i've been trying everything to get this camera to work right since i got it. and i just knew as soon as i typed it out asking for help that i'd find the problem, and i did. geez. it's in the camera/settings/exposure settings. mine was at -2 which apparently lets in the least amount of light. as i increased that setting, the pictures got brighter and brighter! so if anyone else has issues with dark pictures , this just might be the fix for you!

Upvote 0
:eek::thinking::mad:
i'm not sure whats up with my droid, my camera menu/settings/options are gone. the drawer that used to be on the left of the frame is gone and now only have 6 options listed to the right of the frame, they are focus mode, store location, white balance, flash mode, zoom. Even when i hit the menu button all it give me is switch to video and gallery.

ALL other options that used to be available are gone don't know how to restore or access them?

does anyone know what i'm talking about or trying to describe? if so please let me know what's up.

It's been like this for a while, but haven't had time to figure it out until now, sick of the way the pix are coming out and want the old options back.

really appreciate it, thanks, jp

Upvote 0
My pictures and video always come out terrible: grainy and blurry. Maybe I have a defective camera. I've tried every setting, mode, scene, effect, etc.
Take a picture outdoors in bright light on a sunny day with your hands steady and confirm that it isn't just the acknowledged poor results in low light. I looked at some EXIF data and see shutter speeds in good indoor lighting of under 0.1 sec ... HARD to get a good pic of still life, nearly impossible of things moving.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones