• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X Care Packages!?

It isn't complaining about free stuff. The point that everyone who hasn't received one and has called or emailed about it is simple. We paid the same and in some cases more of those that did so why are they so special?

The example of a coupon in California for Pizza hut is horrible. Everyone knows that coupons like that are specifically based off of each city and that isn't a big deal. The point is Verizon has "Care Packages" for some that bought the X, but those of us who are also loyal customers and spent our hard earned money are just left behind? Why? We got the same exact device as you did. Why doesn't Verizon "Thank" me? That is the point here.

Plus it is free advertisement for Verizon to send out shirts to everyone who bought an X anyway or any Droid for that matter. Most of us would wear them and they would have walking billboards supporting their products everywhere.

my favorite part is all these people talking about how they spent so much money on this phone. guess what VERIZON SPENT MORE ON IT THAN YOU DID! they dont make money selling equipment. they'd be making the same amount on you if you had bought a $19 blackberry curve or a free palm pixi.

you got a 4.3" computer for less than what i spent on my first motorola razr 6 or 7 years ago. be happy that carriers are giving such huge subsidies on phones nowadays.

Upvote 0
my favorite part is all these people talking about how they spent so much money on this phone. guess what VERIZON SPENT MORE ON IT THAN YOU DID! they dont make money selling equipment. they'd be making the same amount on you if you had bought a $19 blackberry curve or a free palm pixi.

you got a 4.3" computer for less than what i spent on my first motorola razr 6 or 7 years ago. be happy that carriers are giving such huge subsidies on phones nowadays.

thats exactly the point I was trying to bring across. the dicount on the phone was more then enough of a "thank you" then I needed from verizon

Upvote 0
Couple questions for those who i have receieved a care package.....
the only thing i receieved 2 weeks ago was a letter from vzw telling me i can upgrade to the x....but of course i already upgraded way before....questions below....

1. Did you enter your information at www.droiddoes.com anytime before 7-15-10? (I did)

2. Did you have your phone shipped anywhere other than your home address? (I had mine shipped to my work addy)

3. Did you call VZW asking about the package? before you receieved it...or after you receieved it? what did they say?

1) I've never heard of that site before, so no I never signed up.

2) I had mine shipped to the hotel we stayed at while on vacation. The goodie box came to my house.

3) Nope, never called. I actually forget to get the tracking number.

I see your working on a theory. Hope I helped.

Reactions: Beasnizzle99
Upvote 0
Couple questions for those who i have receieved a care package.....
the only thing i receieved 2 weeks ago was a letter from vzw telling me i can upgrade to the x....but of course i already upgraded way before....questions below....

1. Did you enter your information at www.droiddoes.com anytime before 7-15-10? (I did)

2. Did you have your phone shipped anywhere other than your home address? (I had mine shipped to my work addy)

3. Did you call VZW asking about the package? before you receieved it...or after you receieved it? what did they say?

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) No.

Reactions: Beasnizzle99
Upvote 0
I live in va, as i see a few people who have already received one of these packages do, and i haven't received one yet. I renewed for two years. Shouldn't i be getting one based on what i have seen in here? No matter, phone still rocks. Just curious as to whether or not i will get one.

On a semi-related note, i took someone else's advice in this thread and ordered me an exploded andy tshirt! :D

Upvote 0
I got one yesterday afternoon. I followed the twitter scavenger hunt, and bought my DX within an hour of the store opening on launch day. I never got any advance notification that this was coming.

Very, very cool.

Got 1 today and also was one of the first 2 to get it in the store on opening day. Nice gift, T shirt will be worn stickers get the garbage spot.

Upvote 0
It isn't complaining about free stuff. The point that everyone who hasn't received one and has called or emailed about it is simple. We paid the same and in some cases more of those that did so why are they so special?

The example of a coupon in California for Pizza hut is horrible. Everyone knows that coupons like that are specifically based off of each city and that isn't a big deal. The point is Verizon has "Care Packages" for some that bought the X, but those of us who are also loyal customers and spent our hard earned money are just left behind? Why? We got the same exact device as you did. Why doesn't Verizon "Thank" me? That is the point here.

Plus it is free advertisement for Verizon to send out shirts to everyone who bought an X anyway or any Droid for that matter. Most of us would wear them and they would have walking billboards supporting their products everywhere.

Verizon is not obligated to send you anything. It's nice that they sent out some thank you packages even if it's not to everyone. Sorry but if the shoe were on the other foot and I didn't receive a package and you did, I would think it's cool that you got it and I wouldn't spend a second thinking about why I didn't get one. I certainly would not be emailing Verizon asking where my package was but hey thats just me.

Upvote 0
yeah. well, i guess everyone wants to feel special. if it takes a t-shirt or a coupon for some people to feel that, then so be it i guess.

This thread is becoming funneh. Why So Serious???

window_licker_tshirt-p235012348085978425t5tj_210.jpg

I didn't get a T-Shirt either but I'm having too much fun with my DX to care.

Upvote 0
Whats the deal? Why are people getting so fired up about another persons opinion of Verizon's practices? I didn't know I registered for a Verizon Wireless stockholders forum. I for one think that Verizon should treat all of their customers the same, they are not a locally owned pizza franchise or a locally owned car dealership. I love how people always argue in forums in the form of analogies :p "If your grandma made you and your brother a sandwich but only put a pickle on your brothers sandwich......."

Upvote 0
Get over yourself. You are not entitled to anything more than any other customer. Sometimes I am amazed at just how bad the entitlement mentality is in this country.

You are correct, he is not entitled to anything more than any other customer.... and he is not expecting anything MORE. He wants to be treated just like the rest of the Verizon customers. Sometimes I am amazed at just how fast people open their mouths (or click the submit button) before they think about what they say/type. :D

Upvote 0
When he threatened to take his business elsewhere, he didn't mean it literally. I think he made it clear that he just used that as leverage to get a straight answer. If they told him to go ahead and get a contract with someone else, I doubt he would do so because it seems that the care package really isn't more important to him than their service.

+100

I've been dealing with Verizon for years. You can call 50 times and be nice and go nowhere. But call and raise your voice and all of the sudden the world is your oyster. Which brings up the question: why make me raise my voice if you could have just given me a straight answer the first time.

Upvote 0
+100

I've been dealing with Verizon for years. You can call 50 times and be nice and go nowhere. But call and raise your voice and all of the sudden the world is your oyster. Which brings up the question: why make me raise my voice if you could have just given me a straight answer the first time.

Really? I try to be nice because I feel like they're going to screw me over somehow somewhere lol Most of the people I've talked to (at Verizon) have been soooooooooo helpful :rolleyes: maybe I should try it your way next time.

I don't know if I'd ever be caught dead wearing a Droid X tee :D

Upvote 0
You are correct, he is not entitled to anything more than any other customer.... and he is not expecting anything MORE. He wants to be treated just like the rest of the Verizon customers. Sometimes I am amazed at just how fast people open their mouths (or click the submit button) before they think about what they say/type. :D

The point alluded you. I am amazed at what some people say/type without thinking before clicking submit.

Upvote 0
The point alluded you. I am amazed at what some people say/type without thinking before clicking submit.

There has to be a point in order for it to allude me. The only reason I even took the time to post is because you took it upon yourself to call someone out, but had nothing to call them out on. If I'm so dense, please explain what you were trying to accomplish with that post.

Upvote 0
There has to be a point in order for it to allude me. The only reason I even took the time to post is because you took it upon yourself to call someone out, but had nothing to call them out on. If I'm so dense, please explain what you were trying to accomplish with that post.

My comment was simply in reference to his statement about how much he spends, and how many lines he has which alluded to his belief that since he is such a highfalutin customer, that he should get special treatment. Although he didn't specifically say that at first, that is what he was getting at, and I was right... as proven by comments he (and others) made later in the thread. My comment had nothing to do with the care packages specifically, just the attitude he portrayed.

Got it now? Or do I need to further simplify things for you?

Upvote 0
My comment was simply in reference to his statement about how much he spends, and how many lines he has which alluded to his belief that since he is such a highfalutin customer, that he should get special treatment. Although he didn't specifically say that at first, that is what he was getting at, and I was right... as proven by comments he (and others) made later in the thread. My comment had nothing to do with the care packages specifically, just the attitude he portrayed.

Got it now? Or do I need to further simplify things for you?

There you go again, he was not asking for special treatment, I guess you can't wrap your mind around that. And "My comment had nothing to do with the care packages specifically"... then why did you feel the need to insult the man? I enjoy this forum and don't really want to be banned for needless banter, and that is what this is, so I will stop there. I just get bothered when people post for the sole reason of discounting another members opinion.

Upvote 0
There you go again, he was not asking for special treatment, I guess you can't wrap your mind around that. And "My comment had nothing to do with the care packages specifically"... then why did you feel the need to insult the man? I enjoy this forum and don't really want to be banned for needless banter, and that is what this is, so I will stop there. I just get bothered when people post for the sole reason of discounting another members opinion.

LOLWUT

You win.

Upvote 0
Just switched to Verizon with a Droid X purchase from AT&T and iPhone. But I'm in the Pac NW, so probably no Thank You package for me. Oh well, I'll live. Although I won't complain if one does show up! And unlike the Apple sticker that came with my 3Gs, which is still in the box, I'll actually wear the shirt and probably try to find a place for the sticker. Not my car though, I don't do bumper stickers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones