1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid X Contacts Help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Pouliedawg, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Pouliedawg

Pouliedawg Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Android Version: Droid X
    Issue: I am a new Droid X user. I transferred my contacts from my Blackberry to the Droid X. I then synced with my office server and contacts. Now there are 2 of each contact. How can I solve this problem and easily get rid of the duplicate contacts?

Advertisement

2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Welcome to the forums!

Your best bet is to log on to your Gmail account via the web and then follow the link in the upper corner to Contacts.

If your duplicates are there, you can use the more actions drop down to remove them - when your phone syncs you should be good to go - if that's where the duplications are.

BTW - we're the oldest, largest and most helpful Android user-help group on the net, so no real need for duplicates when you have a problem. ;)

3. Pouliedawg

Pouliedawg Lurker
    None

Apr 2, 2011
    Thanks, however, I think that my issue is not with Gmail but with "Phone Contacts vs. my work contacts which are the same. When I bought the phone the guy transferred all my contacts from the Blackberry to the new Droid X. When I returned to the office and IT set up the Droid to use the company email and contacts it doubled the contacts. Thoughts??
    Thanks a ton!!

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    We'll have to wait until someone with a similar setup chimes in (and that's a common set-up, so I've little doubt you won't waiting too long).

Meanwhile - your phone contacts are usually stored under Gmail/Contacts, so it can't hurt to double-check that.

I'll search around, I know I've seen this solved before (I read a LOT of threads ;)).

Tags: