• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Droid x Deodexed help!

How do i flash the SBF? and what SBF? also my Droid X Will not Connect to my PC right now im not sure why it worked yesterday i can connect to it on my mac and im getting a new computer back tomorow so i can use ADB but if i do need to go back to stock how would i? can i have a tutorial or something like a link to one? im the kind of person that likes to have the solution before hand so if something goes wrong its a faster fix/ Get my warranty back =)

Also i have the Droid X Bootstrapper by Koush

Upvote 0
Just follow the instructions in that thread, install kouch's bootstrapper so you can boot into recovery and then install the rooted/deodexed froyo provided in the thread.

Worst case senario you flash the sbf if you need/want to get back to 2.1...... key word being if because I doubt you'll want to go back

He's already rooted and has 2.2 so even if he has to go back it would just be to the version he has now and won't need the sbf or need to go all the way back to 2.1.

If you use ROM manager just make sure to do a backup first then your safe. If you don't use ROM manager make sure to do a nandroid backup first.
If you're using FlyX rc then you don't even have to wipe data just install it and you're good. Oh and don't forget that backup first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones