• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Droid X, Droid 2 or stay with Droid 1?

gobirds895

Jun 17, 2010
I have a motorola droid 1 that's a little roughed up but still great. I was thinking about buying a new, no contract, clean esb droid x or 2 off of ebay and doing a switch since I'm still under contract with this phone and ineligible for an upgrade. What phone should I get, should I even bother getting a new one, and is the manual switching process this way easy?

I have a motorola droid 1 that's a little roughed up but still great. I was thinking about buying a new, no contract, clean esn droid x or 2 off of ebay and doing a switch since I'm still under contract with this phone and ineligible for an upgrade. What phone should I get, should I even bother getting a new one, and is the manual switching process this way easy?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't bother, just even considering the fact that the Droid 1 got 2.2 and may even get 3.0 shows that it is stilla top of the line Android smartphone.

New 1.2 GHz and up to 1.5 Ghz processors are being released in December of this year, wait until phones have those incorporated before you buy is what I plan on doing.

But, since I have a Captivate on AT&T I don't know about manually switching on Verizon.

Upvote 0
Coming from the BlackBerry platform one year ago, I was rather dependent on a physical keyboard. Not ready to jump to Android although I followed it closely it was simply too young and limited. Now one year later I'm using a Droid X & Captivate.

For me the Holy Grail is a brilliant software keyboard called Swype. It converts the tapping movement on a hard glass screen, to gliding just one finger across the keys, in one move, to create one word per swipe. Easy to learn, especially if one goes to their web site & views the two minute tutorials, I could not be more impressed.

Fast, fun, and very accurate, I'll never go back to a physical keyboard again. A statement I never thought I'd make. Especially since I handle so much email from my phone.

In turn for me, the 4.0" display of the Captivate seems to be the sweet spot. Now when I use my iPhone 4 the display seems downright small.

Therefore when choosing amongst the models the OP listed you may find the Droid 2's keyboard mute.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones