1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Droid X for 3G hotspot for IPad??

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by laurieb, Feb 15, 2011.

1. laurieb

laurieb Well-Known Member

I just got my IPad and only got wifi only, but wondering just incase I would need anything on the road for 3G , can this be done?

Not sure where it would plug into the iPad , but if anybody has tried this at all?

Let me know,

Thanks

Advertisement

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

if you are rooted there is barnacle wifi tether and android tether both on market.

3. laurieb

laurieb Well-Known Member

No, not rooted, dont want too root either.
    So looking for something for unrooted phone.
    Thanks

4. MicahW29

MicahW29 Lurker

You should be able to set your phone up as a hotspot through Verizon. They offer a 2GB plan which costs $20 per month. You set it up right from the icon in your app drawer...your iPad can use the hotspot as well as four other devices (laptops, netbooks, etc.).

5. lennyjew

lennyjew Android Enthusiast

I think easytether and PDANet only support Ad-Hoc, I'm not 100% sure on that though. Both of those are a one time pay app. One (or maybe both) have a limited free version, so you can try it out and see if that works for you. I've got no clue if the iPad supports Ad-Hoc networking, so I'd start with a free version.

If it doesn't, the Verizon mobile hotspot app it your only non-rooted choice since that should let your phone broadast a true wireless access point, not Ad-Hoc. But that tacks on the extra monthy fee Micah pointed out.