Found this on another forum, so I can't take credit for it. But it took me a few days of digging around to find it, and I haven't see any other working solutions as of late. This fix allows you to use your Droid X (Or Droid 2) as a mobile wifi hotspot using the 3G connection, and will get you past the Verizon screen asking you to sign up. Be careful with how much data you use, as Verizon has been notorious lately for tracking people down for doing this. Download and install RadioComm. It worked fine on Windows 7 x64 (Despite saying it won't). Open Radiocom. This was the first time I opened the app, and a splash screen asked for me to "select which MA to use." I couldn't find the MA mentioned in the thread in this list, so I just selected 3G All Others (or something like that). Open the Main menu, select MA, Common, MDM 6x00 Chipset Base. Open the Settings menu, select USB, PST USB Driver. Connect phone to computer via USB. Change the phone's USB connection mode to PC Mode. The Radio Detection icon on the right side of RadioComm will turn green. Scroll to the P2K 4 tab. In the STELEM / RDELEM section, tick the Dec Entries radio box. In the text boxes, enter: Element ID: 8040 Record #: 1 Offset: 0 Length: 128 Press RDELEM. It will turn green and the following data should appear: 40767A7733672E636F6D00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Change Element ID to 8041. Press STELEM. It will turn green. Change Element ID to 8091. Press STELEM. Change the phone's USB connection mode to Charge Only. Reboot the phone. Install Wifi Tether 3.1-beta6. In Wifi Tether's settings, change the Device Profile to Motorola DroidX (CDMA). (Droid2 does not work.) This is a good time to set your SSID and encryption as well. Done. You can now tether. In case you need to revert the changes we just made, here's the original values: (these are the same on a D2G and Droid X) 8041: 4064756E2E767A7733672E636F6D000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 8091: 40767A7733672E636F6D00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 I'm not responsible for anything you do to your phone, nor do I know how to support this fix. I suggest following this guide EXACTLY and backing everything up before making any changes. It's working for me thus far. Proof: Good Luck!