1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Droid X Freezes on MP3 Playback

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bigbabys, Jul 30, 2011.

1. bigbabys

bigbabys Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Personal Account Manager
    Largo, FL
    So I've had this problem since GB came out (go figure) but I did some searching and it doesn't seem like anyone else has it so I figured I would make a thread.

Whenever I am listening to music, without fail my phone will freeze and then reboot. :eek: Sometimes after 1 song sometimes after 4. It varies. At first I thought it was some conflict with Winamp but I went back to the stock player and yielded the same results. I can listen to Pandora with zero issues however. I'm not sure what could be causing this but the only common denominator is the fact that it is an mp3 file being played from my SD card. Any help would be appreciated :(

Advertisement

2. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Common Gingerbread Prob, alot of us have it sadly. There is no fix as far as i know but hopefully it'll get hammered out with an update soon.

3. bigbabys

bigbabys Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 11, 2009
    Personal Account Manager
    Largo, FL
    This doesn't sit right with me. This isn't a "little glitch". My phone has lost a major piece of functionality. I've turned a blind eye to all the gingerbread shenanegins I've noticed but if this really is just another symptom of GB then that is insane. The patch might as well have completely disabled my camera. In fact I use it as an mp3 player far more often then a camera. :mad:

Honestly I was okay with all of this because I was expecting to get a Bionic in early August. I don't think I can take another month of a phone that limps along. Maybe I'll actually take the time to learn how to root this phone and just put froyo back on it...